Air compressor knock
07-25-2017, (Subject: Air compressor knock ) 
RE: Air compressor knock
(07-25-2017 )Platinumpete Wrote:  Shouldn't I get a low fuel rail pressure code if pump was failing.

If you suspect the fuel pump might be making the sound, do a rail pressure leak test and see if it starts sounding bad is pressure reaches maximum.

If you suspect it is the air compressor, disconnect the intake and output air lines from it and see if the sound is much less. As well, I would think that the sound would likely mostly go away when the air compressor was not active.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(07-24-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(07-24-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I was just up at the dealer, they had a low mileage 2250 or 2350 in a crate, doesn't matter, BOAT ANCHOR. Fuel pump, destroyed the crank and all points in between.

I'm not sure which part more sad Waterloo;
1) the fact that the fuel pumps destroy these motors so prematurely
...or...
2) that no matter how much you warn guys, and even show them the testimonials, they won't believe or listen to you

I know, amazes me too... I have met a few guys with these motors, and politely, NOT in a know it all manner, tell them about these pumps. Most common reply, it is under warranty, along with some of the oddest looks, like I am the one with the problem for pointing this out. Now, I just keep my yap shut, screw them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
Disconnected output line to air compressor no carbon in line or output port compressor quiet after builds air. Fuel pump operation quiet, knock is loud enough now to definitely know it's a rod bearing going to local shop. Thanks for everybody's input. Hope crank isn't damaged sounds like 1 bearing.
replyreply
Nope the ceramic plungers inside start cracking then break inside. I got lucky with mine because it did throw a low fuel pressure code and replaced the pump asap praying everyday the plungers wouldn't destroy my motor.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.