CM871 Engine cycle...
12-23-2016, (Subject: CM871 Engine cycle... ) 
RE: CM871 Engine cycle...
Thanks Marajin,
I understand it, but I knew I don't know it well enough to properly explain it. Especially when someone is smart enough to ask "What are the Pros/Cons of each?"

In a non technical way I'd put like this;
MCF is like a Street Rod type of tune, where it will run really good on just about any particular evening you take the Hot Rod out for a night on the town.
TGC is like a Drag Racer type of tune, where it requires data and feedback to properly dial that baby in, and it has that slight edge of peak performance. It requires more work, and the results are only as good as the work you put into it, but when done right IMHO it gives an advantage.

As a former drag racer, I am quite comfortable fine tuning and tweaking...I've spent countless hours over that time trying to save thousands of seconds. I've almost got my cold weather TGC table right where I want it. When I'm done, I will have a summer table and a winter table for climate air density optimization...yes I'm a nerd!
Number 1 (winter) and number 2 (summer) diesel fuel burns at different rates, which is why and when I'll make the switches.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
CM871 Engine cycle... - Rawze - 03-15-2016,
RE: CM871 Engine cycle... - Unilevers - 03-18-2016,
RE: CM871 Engine cycle... - Unilevers - 12-23-2016,
RE: CM871 Engine cycle... - Hammerhead - 12-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.