CM871 Engine cycle...
09-16-2017, (Subject: CM871 Engine cycle... ) 
RE: CM871 Engine cycle...
(09-16-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  How much power would be lost? And would it be any easier on the fuel pump?

I cannot predict accurately the power loss, as it is on a curve based on oxygen levels. It would not be a lot though until you started seeing the EGT's climb by a hundred degrees or more. As the EGT's climb, the power is lost to heat and combustion inefficiency. it is a balancing act, where too much boost will cause an efficiency fall off, and too little will too.

As far as the fuel pump longevity goes, boost pressure would have little to no effect. The fuel pump is simply supplying the fuel rail with high pressures far greater than the combustion pressures. It is also controlled by a separate system than the turbocharger. A proper de-mandate though, should use overall less peak fuel pump pressures, lengthening its lifespan. This is because fuel penetration requirements are less to achieve the same peak pressures.

just some thoughts on it off the top of my head any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
CM871 Engine cycle... - Rawze - 03-15-2016,
RE: CM871 Engine cycle... - Unilevers - 03-18-2016,
RE: CM871 Engine cycle... - Unilevers - 12-23-2016,
RE: CM871 Engine cycle... - Rawze - 09-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.