Where do I start? - 08 prostar-871
07-26-2017, (Subject: Where do I start? - 08 prostar-871 ) 
Where do I start? - 08 prostar-871
I just downloaded the Fault codes, Aftertreatment history, Engine Protection, and Trip Information from my CM871 '08 Prostar? I want to bring it back fault free, side note: the truck runs great.

But it has a amber triangle and engine warning on the dash.

I know I must do a EGR tuneup, I'm planning hopefully for this weekend.

Thanks

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Aftertreatment History.pdf (Size: 28.83 KB / Downloads: 53)
.pdf  Engine Protection.pdf (Size: 83.37 KB / Downloads: 38)
.pdf  Trip Information.pdf (Size: 55.62 KB / Downloads: 39)
.pdf  Faullt Codes.pdf (Size: 270.29 KB / Downloads: 42)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
RE: Where do I start? - 08 prostar-871
Crank case filter issues can be solved like this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

or...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950

=====

Low oil pressure, replace the oil filter and oil. Do an EGR tune-up and make sure the engine is not making excess soot.

Unless your going to de-mandate it,.. I would VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND a bypass oil filter system to keep all the soot at bay!.

Regen history is not bad, but your lifetime fuel mileage in 670,000 miles is 6.57 and is not so good for a Prostar.

Prostars are one of the most money-making trucks on the roads. My lifetime is 8.2 in a million miles. That means when I got to 670k miles, I spent roughly $46,000 dollars LESS IN FUEL COSTS!. That is enough to buy a second used truck. By a million miles,.. almost enough to buy a new truck JUST IN FUEL SAVINGS DIFFERENCE!.

There ain't no money in 6 mpg if you are hauling dry-van or reefer if ask me. It is only a waste of time and effort to make the oil companies richer and your wife and kids wonder if all the time away from home is really worth it.

You have a good truck if it is taken care of and driven right, and you have the best model red engine that cummins ever made -- ever!. Your problem is that you need to start taking steps to make that truck into something nice and worth having. You had better believe if I owned it, I would make it work for me and I would be busting 8 - 9 mpg with every trailer I dragged across this 48 states. My grandfather once told me when I was a kid,... "If one man can do it, so can another. Whats your excuse!". -- I took him and those words seriously ever since.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , delltang , barf
RE: Where do I start? - 08 prostar-871
Hopefully my history will look like that when I get the DOC/DPF replaced next month.b
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.