Clutch fan and a/c clutch
07-26-2017, (Subject: Clutch fan and a/c clutch ) 
Clutch fan and a/c clutch
Ok, I'll try to explain this problem the best I can. I had a clutch fan put on in March of 2016, the fan went out again in May of 2017. The clutch was totally worn and slipping to the point it totally melted the internal bearings in the fan clutch. They warrantied the clutch assembly and suggested I put bearing in the hub. I did all that and even sent them the old bearings with the hub assembly but I could find nothing wrong with the old bearings. The new fan lasted about 10 days and the before it melted down. They warrantied that one also and I did an air pressure check on the solenoid and had full gauge pressure at the solenoid so I replaced all fittings, checked hoses for leaks and replaced the solenoid anyway, removed the hub again and checked for any out of round or clogged ports. Although the fan seems to be working now, I get a squeel in the mornings every once in a while. All the belts tensioners and pullys have been replaced but I found the a/c clutch had too much air gap and suspected that it may be the cause of the screeching noise at high rpms in the morning. Plus the fact that it would not always engage with power and ground supplied. So I replaced the a/c clutch and still about once every couple weeks I get that screeching noise and the a/c doesn't seem to work as well when it does this and you can hear the fan go from a slow while it's screeching to full speed when it quits. Only does it under a load and about 1500+ rpms and just maybe a minute. Then it stops. I am wondering if I may have a low voltage problem to the a/c and fan clutches intermittently and if this is causing the premature wear on them. A/c was done about the same time as the fan clutch but just out of warranty now. Does anyone know if these two items have a common power wire out of the bcm or a wiring diagram for the 09 prostar bcm with a Cummins? Thanks for any help.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
RE: Clutch fan and a/c clutch
Here is a link to a wiring schematic from Navistar, it may help... http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/...s08339.pdf
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Dcolumbia
RE: Clutch fan and a/c clutch
Thanks waterloo.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.