2010 kenworth t660 low coolant warning
07-28-2017, (Subject: 2010 kenworth t660 low coolant warning ) 
2010 kenworth t660 low coolant warning
Im a new member to this forum and all this info on cummins is great thank you!!!! Can someone tell me if I can have someone shut off this low coolant sensor in the ecm. My motor is an cm871. This truck has got that goofy long black sensor that pushes up in the bottom of the plastic coolant tank. I bought a new sensor and a plug but the dang thing will come on and off whenever it wants and YES the coolant level is full and not leaking lol thanks guys any info would be great.
replyreply
RE: 2010 kenworth t660 low coolant warning
(07-28-2017 )Bigstank Wrote:  Im a new member to this forum and all this info on cummins is great thank you!!!! Can someone tell me if I can have someone shut off this low coolant sensor in the ecm. My motor is an cm871. This truck has got that goofy long black sensor that pushes up in the bottom of the plastic coolant tank. I bought a new sensor and a plug but the dang thing will come on and off whenever it wants and YES the coolant level is full and not leaking lol thanks guys any info would be great.

I had to replace my surge tank and it came with the sensor installed. I've still got the old leaky tank in my spare parts Dept, I'll see if I can figure out how to change it when I get home Sunday if no one else answers by then.
Did the place you bought the replacement sensor from not tell you how to change it?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bigstank
Kenworth has a problem with the ecm not reading coolant level correctly in some chassis. There is not necessarily a wiring problem or a sensor issue. Its only due to the cummins ecm not reading the signals from the oem sensor correctly resulting in a low coolant warning. To repair find out from kw if there is a update avail for your vin. If yes its just a little module that plugs into the existing coolant level sensor plug and eliminates the intermittent coolant level warning. I have seen and done this update a few times. Works like a charm afterwards. Not saying there arent actual wiring issues such as high resistance with your unit though.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bigstank , Rawze
I got it from MHC kenworth in Springfield mo. That's where im from. Yes they told me it just pushes up and snaps in the bottom. I changed it out and the new plug but it just comes on and off when she wants and that dinging drives me crazy lol. Kenworth told me it possibly cold be the float in the coolant tank but I don't wanna spend $300 to change a tank that's not cracked, broke or leaking.
replyreply
I just had an ecm update from KW in denver when the egr valve and dpf temps went haywire on me
replyreply
(07-28-2017 )Bigstank Wrote:  ...
Can someone tell me if I can have someone shut off this low coolant sensor in the ecm. My motor is an cm871.

I would not recommend bypassing a sensor signal that protects your engine. Repairing the problem is the better solution. It is like the boy who cries wolf a hundred time that got eaten on the 101'th time because no one cared any more. Better to teach the kid not to cry wolf instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Bigstank , Waterloo
I have a 08 t660 and i had same trouble .Its the tank needs to be replaced .At the bottom where the sensor pushes up into the hole.That hole has a float built into the reservoir tank and they go bad and quit floating so it will always show low coolant.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , gatow900 , Bigstank
The float goes bad inside but if your in a pinch just pull the sensor out and put a magnet on the tip that will stop the warning light
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bigstank
Ok thanks guys. I guess it's time for a new tank
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.