CM 2250 issues
07-29-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 issues ) 
RE: CM 2250 issues
(07-29-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  I have a 2012 kw t660 with a 2250 De-mandated.. Vg turbo is still in place.. Oil is cleaner then it's ever been before.. Fuel milage is up.. The right tune will do wonders.. I looked when I had the "problem" with mine, best price I could find was 1800 for dpf, 2200 for doc.. I was quoted 2800 (I believe), with overhead adjustment, boost and pyrometer gauges installed, full insite test run, and custom tune..

And? What did you do Squish? Do it yourself or did you get some help? Did you have to do any welding on the SCR box? How difficult was it to fix that problem? God, that sounds snarky... Not meant to be, just trying to help Fergie... I rid myself of my issue in my own driveway, but that was a CM-871, incredibly easy compared to what you have. How did you do it?
replyreply
07-29-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 issues ) 
(07-29-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(07-29-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  I have a 2012 kw t660 with a 2250 De-mandated.. Vg turbo is still in place.. Oil is cleaner then it's ever been before.. Fuel milage is up.. The right tune will do wonders.. I looked when I had the "problem" with mine, best price I could find was 1800 for dpf, 2200 for doc.. I was quoted 2800 (I believe), with overhead adjustment, boost and pyrometer gauges installed, full insite test run, and custom tune..

And? What did you do Squish? Do it yourself or did you get some help? Did you have to do any welding on the SCR box? How difficult was it to fix that problem? God, that sounds snarky... Not meant to be, just trying to help Fergie... I rid myself of my issue in my own driveway, but that was a CM-871, incredibly easy compared to what you have. How did you do it?

Our scr should be the same, it's straight out the rear if he's got a grass burner. If he's got stacks the scr might have to be cut open. It's the big 3.5' long can on drivers side. I would need a pic to tell which way it would have to be done. I completely gutted the doc and dpf, knocked a 6-8" hole through scr from the outlet side. The scr is really heavy (just heads up). Vin helped with programming and final power and boost table were set by Rawze. It was alot of work along with everything else that went sideways the week I was at Rawze house. Me and Rawze ran the overhead, Vin installed gauges. Everything else is in my original thread if you want all the details..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
07-30-2017, (Subject: CM 2250 issues ) 
I've got the dual exhaust so the SCR is above the doc/dpf under passenger seat.
replyreply
(07-30-2017 )Fergie Wrote:  I've got the dual exhaust so the SCR is above the doc/dpf under passenger seat.

Honestly, you need to get rid of the mandate. The crap so many of us have been through is horrendous. I filed for a divorce just a few weeks ago due to this truck and my stubbornness. She was sick of it, and this is our seventh truck. This thing sucked MY life dry, more to the story, but I am glad to be gone. If you and the wife still get along, get rid of the mandate. If not, you are going to be in a world of hurt. Bank on it. This is criminal in my book, don't be a sucker.
replyreply
Fergie this is Magard. There are times to prove a point to others. This is not that time. If you want to replace filters go ahead. It sounds like a face plugged filter to me and that happened for a reason. Before it is over you will have a whole new bunch of filters, dosser injector, def pumps and heaters, and who knows what. You could spend a fortune on these things trying to prove a point. Waterloo is speaking from experience. I learned from his mistakes. First code I fixed the real problem. Spend your money on a computer. Pm Uniliever. Pm me if you want to talk about it. Their is only a couple of sources for a real solution. And they don't cost even as much as a face plugged filter at a shop somewhere. Don't spend good money after bad.
replyreply
Fergie, PM Magard. He knows the score and knows how to fix the issue. Our trucks are finally running, and that is the bottom line. Yes, there is bull shi#t, NORMAL bullshit, not EGR/DPF/SCR bullshit. That is now HISTORY, history we would all like to forget, and get our money and lost REVENUE back from.

PM Magard, he is your first line TO PROFITABILITY, SANITY and a Happy Marriage!

Take my advice, and Magards, don't go down my road. ;-)
replyreply
(07-30-2017 )Fergie Wrote:  I've got the dual exhaust so the SCR is above the doc/dpf under passenger seat.

Fergie, need to make sure on that. Everything I've seen from Paccar with a 2250 is from turbo to the cans (doc, then dpf, they are v-banded together under passenger side), it exits the can going vertical, then turns a 90° elbow back horizontal pointed back forward under the driver's seat, as it crosses over the driveshaft you'll find the decomposition tube (need to check for the "volcano" that Def will sometime clog up here), then another 90 down into front of the scr (big filter no v-bands, just the straps that hold the sensors to it) out of the scr either vertical or horizontal depending on the exhaust layout. If its got dual stacks it usually comes out of the scr goes to a y (or splitter) then separates to the stacks..
replyreply
(07-30-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  

Fergie, need to make sure on that. Everything I've seen from Paccar with a 2250 is from turbo to the cans (doc, then dpf, they are v-banded together under passenger side), it exits the can going vertical, then turns a 90° elbow back horizontal pointed back forward under the driver's seat, as it crosses over the driveshaft you'll find the decomposition tube (need to check for the "volcano" that Def will sometime clog up here), then another 90 down into front of the scr (big filter no v-bands, just the straps that hold the sensors to it) out of the scr either vertical or horizontal depending on the exhaust layout. If its got dual stacks it usually comes out of the scr goes to a y (or splitter) then separates to the stacks..

Oh man... This goes here, this goes there... Not knocking you Squish, just the insanity of getting a once reliable machine down the road. How far we have "progressed"? I went through Monroe Michigan today, they had a horse show going on, and had the Budweiser Clydesdales there... See where I am going? I wonder if they needed REAL horsepower to get them to the show?
replyreply
(07-30-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(07-30-2017 )Squish099 Wrote:  

Oh man... This goes here, this goes there... Not knocking you Squish, just the insanity of getting a once reliable machine down the road. How far we have "progressed"? I went through Monroe Michigan today, they had a horse show going on, and had the Budweiser Clydesdales there... See where I am going? I wonder if they needed REAL horsepower to get them to the show?

I get where you're coming from.. I live in St. Louis and go to grants farm where the Clydesdale are stabled.. It's a tourist attraction.. They use an international i9400 that doesn't have these problems.. Lol.. I found it out of place..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.