DPF replacement
08-01-2017, (Subject: DPF replacement ) 
DPF replacement
Replace the DPF and keeping the DOC. Any other suggestions?
I have been babying it for a few months now, I got 1200 - 1500 miles between static regens driving at 62 and below, about 200 - 300 miles between when driving at anything above 64. I believe the white residue was from the bad doser leaking coolant (replaced a long time ago). It doesn't use any coolant and between 2 and 3 quarts on 15k oil changes(rotella). Is there any tuning that can help an engine that maintains the mandate?
Thanks.

replyreply
RE: DPF replacement
Off topic.. The pink color to both filters would scare me, desn't take much coolant and the metals on the filter are gone..
replyreply
The only codes (if any) I've been getting are DPF related, i.e. too frequent being the only one I can remember.

Plus I've taken the challenge of using my foot to operate the accelerator. That was an automatic 1 mpg increase in fuel milage. Milage figure driving at 62 is 6.85 with 80K(flatbed,) 7.68 with my normal load of 50K - 60K. The last time I had to use my foot was in the early 80's, after that it was all company positions with no incentive for fuel milage. Now that I own it, I owe it to myself to get every last MPG out of it.
replyreply
It is possible to do a tune that allows you to keep the mandate while improving the soot issue in both the oil and the dpf. Gearhead, Mr hag or unilevers would be able to accomplish that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Hammerhead
(08-01-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  It is possible to do a tune that allows you to keep the mandate while improving the soot issue in both the oil and the dpf. Gearhead, Mr hag or unilevers would be able to accomplish that.

Yup, Uni helped tune a buddy of mine's 2250 w/mandate, and he couldn't be happier with it to date...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
08-05-2017, (Subject: DPF replacement ) 
(08-01-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  It is possible to do a tune that allows you to keep the mandate while improving the soot issue in both the oil and the dpf. Gearhead, Mr hag or unilevers would be able to accomplish that.

Before any tuning, I would recommend you check the following things:

1.) EGR differential pressure sensor - can cause issues if tubes are clogged or sensor is bad
2.) Exhaust back pressure sensor - when bad can cause turbo chuffing and frequent regens
3.) EGR valve - leaks, etc.
4.) EGR cooler - when this leaks it can cause total failure of multiple components.
5.) IMAP sensor - clean and/or replace
6.) After-treatment injector - clean and/or replace - can easily cause frequent regens and soot build up.

After checking all these, do a forced regen with INSITE and see what your DPF differential pressure is reading after. Should be under 1.00. If any higher you have other problems that a tune won't really solve.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I replaced all those sensors with new parts and the doser in early Feb. Again the truck uses 0 coolant. and has, what I would consider low oil usage(<3qts/15K) for 600K. Static regens resulted in 0.55 in. hg readings for the DPF delta. So I am looking forward to getting a lower soot tune, hopefully.
replyreply
(08-05-2017 )fargonaz Wrote:  I replaced all those sensors with new parts and the doser in early Feb. Again the truck uses 0 coolant. and has, what I would consider low oil usage(<3qts/15K) for 600K. Static regens resulted in 0.55 in. hg readings for the DPF delta. So I am looking forward to getting a lower soot tune, hopefully.

Sorry I must have skimmed a few things and missed some details. If you're running 0.55 inHG, how are you measuring the soot buildup that makes you believe it's too much? I'm just curious.
replyreply
The frequency of having to do a static regen and the fact that most of the passive regens fail.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.