DPF replacement
08-06-2017, (Subject: DPF replacement ) 
RE: DPF replacement
(08-06-2017 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  It will only hurt your wallet. The sensors were $502.46 a piece

Holy cow!
replyreply
Cheaper to rid yourself of the mandate... ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
(08-06-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Cheaper to rid yourself of the mandate... ;-)

Agreed and sadly that is usually the best path to take. On the CM2250 the delete usually consists of unplugging all sensors. I can tell you if you go through NJ it's anywhere from a $500-$8,000 fine if you fail their NOx test during a random inspection. You won't fail if you have a tune that keeps everything looking "stock" and all sensors are still plugged in. It's a red flag if they're missing or unplugged. As far as I know the CM2250 cannot be deleted properly without sensors being unplugged as emissions managers kick back in if they see an emissions-related sensor or part. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will say this, the CM2250 operates usually pretty well if all sensors are functioning properly, you should only be seeing a regen once every 3-4 days if you drive 3,000-4,000 miles a week. I've seen IMAP sensors cause problems, animals stuck in the exhaust pipe, backpressure sensors, NOx sensors in and out, bad EGR valves, bad EGR coolers, bad after treatment injectors, SCR fluid buildup, etc.
replyreply
(08-06-2017 )zyNoT Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Cheaper to rid yourself of the mandate... ;-)

Agreed and sadly that is usually the best path to take. On the CM2250 the delete usually consists of unplugging all sensors. I can tell you if you go through NJ it's anywhere from a $500-$8,000 fine if you fail their NOx test during a random inspection. You won't fail if you have a tune that keeps everything looking "stock" and all sensors are still plugged in. It's a red flag if they're missing or unplugged. As far as I know the CM2250 cannot be deleted properly without sensors being unplugged as emissions managers kick back in if they see an emissions-related sensor or part. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I will say this, the CM2250 operates usually pretty well if all sensors are functioning properly, you should only be seeing a regen once every 3-4 days if you drive 3,000-4,000 miles a week. I've seen IMAP sensors cause problems, animals stuck in the exhaust pipe, backpressure sensors, NOx sensors in and out, bad EGR valves, bad EGR coolers, bad after treatment injectors, SCR fluid buildup, etc.

Fine is $800 not $8,000 and they reduce fine based on repair costs when it passes later. - this is what was explained to me when asked.

Actually only has to unplugged for first 10 minutes or so while the ECM is re-building ram data. After that it can all be plugged back in. I have yet to see an MM'd truck fail a NJ inspection. They always come out with better numbers than when they had the 'cans' on em. It's not unusual to be at 2-4% instead of the 12-14% that they got with the cans. They allow 18%.
replyreply
08-07-2017, (Subject: DPF replacement ) 
ecu discussion moved to...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid17128

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.