Those of you driving by boost...
08-04-2017, (Subject: Those of you driving by boost... ) 
Those of you driving by boost...
What are your typical goals when driving by the boost gauge? I'm trying to teach myself to drive the truck for mileage now, rather than speed.
I'm driving back to Savannah tomorrow from VA. So far so good. Mileage driving back has been very good...should have some good numbers tomorrow. I see I can drive at 2.5-3.5 lbs, and can maintain or slightly slow down going up hills at about 5, but that is also with an empty tank trailer. This is getting me between 58 and 62 mph.
What boost numbers do you shoot for when loaded upwards of 80k, generally?
I'm trying to break the habit of driving against the speed limiter with my foot on the floor or using the cruise control.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Those of you driving by boost...
I never let mine get above 12-15 lbs boost at any time. I find a lower gear and use the HP instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Coco620 , simon999
I try and drive like Rawze. Keep it under 20 lbs of boost. If you need more boost, shift to a lower gear. It's not a race to the top of the hill.

I keep telling the guys on the fleet about slowing down and keeping the boost down. They all insist that slowing down to save fuel is a old myth. Myth? Ok guys. Enjoy your "less than 6mpgs" while I hover around 8.

Blows my mind how closed minded some people are.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , gatow900
Right now I'm averaging 9.8 on my way back to Savannah, figuring gallons consumed to hub miles, of course I'm only at 36k gross. That is also assuming 1/2 gal per hour for the 8 hours it idled last night for a/c. No cruise, no engine brake, a/c on, down 95 from DC, 58-60 mph.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
20 psi boost. 13-1500+ rpm. Helps with fuel and keeps temps down some. I also pull tankers. Loaded 44-45,000 most of the time.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.