Rear-End Gear Ratios
08-10-2017, (Subject: Rear-End Gear Ratios ) 
RE: Rear-End Gear Ratios
(08-10-2017 )Magard Wrote:  ZeroNthedark. I have thought things like this before. But when you ran the numbers. I was wrong. Day in and day out. Pushing 70 mph wind costs more. Is like driving into a head wind or tail wind. Out west on the big roads if you have a tail wind you can get decent mpg going with the wind at 70. Turn around and go 60 into the wind and your getting worse mileage. Maybe rawze can chime in, I used to think some of the early emission engines kinda quite the emission mode above a certain rpm and work load. But I had know way of knowing. I do know that 70 is a hard push.

Exactly! Which is why I try to refrain from doing it. Besides complicated math, it's just common sense really. The same reason that Consumer Reports has said for years that driving 55 instead of 60,65,70, etc., will always yield better mileage. I suppose where the "feeling" comes in is that to do it effectively a person has to has to actually drive their truck, as opposed to setting the cruise and forget about it. Even here I can do that, but then boost hits 36 or 38psi every time it gets near a hill, pyro hits 900, and stays there for the duration, which obviously isn't good.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rear-End Gear Ratios - ZeroNthedark - 08-10-2017
RE: Rear-End Gear Ratios - Unilevers - 08-10-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.