Rear-End Gear Ratios
08-30-2017, (Subject: Rear-End Gear Ratios ) 
RE: Rear-End Gear Ratios
(08-30-2017 )the missing link Wrote:  I am actually thinking of regearing my truck from 3.70 to 4.30 . I have been talking to a few pretty smart people on the subject .
Here is the facts
I pull 63,500 kgs or 140,000 lbs
A lot of off-road work
It always seems there is a headwind or a soft road , hill , a duck farting , something all the time
I don't care if I ever go more then 110 Km/hr again , I like that 90- 100 km/ hr
Same old argument, you'll lose fuel millage , you can't run a hill, blah ,blah,blah

Fuel millage
Maybe with the n14, old cats and s 60s . But even then I don't agree

Running a hill
Who cares if I can only run the hill at the speed limit , I still shift half as much going up the other side . That and our roads are rougher than f@ck up here .

I am 110% sold on regearing my truck , even with the 9,000$ price tag
Just my ridiculous opinion
Now would somebody like to invest 9,000$ ? Lol
I'm assuming your rocking 11r24.5 right? My prostar has 4:11 on 11r22.5 and I run 1600 rpm at 105km hauling 63, 500. My fuel mileage is good, pulls hills awesome and has lasted forever. I've thought about dropping down to 3.70 so I could get better fuel mileage but my engines lasted 1.75 million so obviously something is working here and it's not my amazing maintenance plan lol.

Do you have 46 rears or 40, s40? If straight 40, you won't be able to re gear that low. 3.90 will probably be the lowest you can go without new pumpkins.... depending on what type of pumpkins you have.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rear-End Gear Ratios - Unilevers - 08-10-2017,
RE: Rear-End Gear Ratios - Brock - 08-30-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.