5018 - 18 + 5018 -11 Nighmare
08-07-2017, (Subject: 5018 - 18 + 5018 -11 Nighmare ) 
RE: 5018 - 18 + 5018 -11 Nighmare
(08-07-2017 )MarkyMark Wrote:  Ok guys as always big thanks to everyone contributing to this thread

Got back to chicago i will take a week off and do egr tuneup as recommended, i already had the dealer set aside all the sensors for me to pick up 2moro . Also as soon as ill do de regen ill post the info on that as well , hope all will come out well , oh and im set up for @m*m^2 on thursday at one of the local shops . Let's try this route and hope for the best . The head is new , it wasn't a gasket issue and before replacement it didn't leak coolant - any thoughts on that ?

Thank you

Make sure it's getting @m*m^2, not some popular other programming, or you're trading one set of issues for another set of issues. If you're not 100%, get with one of the members here to give you the proper questions to ask them to verify that it's being done correctly. If you're indeed MMing the engine, you are on the right track.
If so, there's no sense in doing another regen after you clean all the soot out and replace the sensors. You're just putting soot right back into a freshly cleaned out system, kinda redundant.

The new head was definantly the right way to go, unfortunate without knowing your liner protrusions and the conditions of them, as well as the almost certain possibility it wasn't torqued with the recommended procedure here of;
Torque head bolts according to 300ft/lbs according to procedure.
Stop procedure, wait 24hrs, now Re-torque head bolts to 300ft/lbs.
Return to procedure and rotate 90* after re-torquing in proper sequence.
It is unlikely that you will get the life from the rest of the engine and the new head you should get.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5018 - 18 + 5018 -11 Nighmare - Hammerhead - 08-07-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.