New parking brake light issue
08-10-2017, (Subject: New parking brake light issue ) 
New parking brake light issue
Last year I replaced the parking brake valve in the dash, that started giving me brake warnings while driving. It was easy to find since it started leaking air when it failed.

Today I'm having a different issue. Truck drives fine, but when I set the brakes...I get a warning on the dash that the brakes are set and a buzzer (not the light but a big red warning on the info display), similar if you tried driving it with the brakes set.

Haven't spent too much time looking into it yet, but I imagine there's a sensor nearby that is telling it that I put the truck in gear while the brakes are set which means it would probably be on the trans, but I might be off base here. Thoughts?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: New parking brake light issue
You don't sound off base at all . Most likely bad or out of speck speed sensor giving false signal (information) . Not a bad idea when you go underneath to check the output shaft for side and end play .
Let's go after the simplest things first . I'm sure others will chime in with their own experience and findings.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Techmech
RE: New parking brake light issue
Hmm...doesn't the speed data from the Qualcomm got through the speed sensor, and piggy back it? I was also getting critical event alarms while driving for no reason yesterday. Makes me wonder if something down there is loose.

Hopefully they don't consider that 'tampering' since that's supposedly a nono.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.