Code 2764
08-10-2017, (Subject: Code 2764 ) 
Code 2764
Was climbing a slight grade hill enough to where I had to drop to 1 gear, all of a sudden I hear a weird noise coming from I think sounded like turbo, check engine light came on and engine started to derate. I down shifted to 8th to pull over to shoulder and problem went away. Looked on quickserve and exhaust temp got over limit so it started to derate engine...i replaced sensor about 120,000 miles ago. Engine is 2011 cm2250 585k. Should I replace sensor again?
replyreply
RE: Code 2764
What does your regen history look like?

Sounds like maybe you have an exhaust gasket leak and the turbo over-spooled to make up the difference?

Could be bad sensor, but also ..

Could be excess back-pressure in the exhaust causing turbo to overspool

Could be a leak in the intake, CAC, or egr corcuits and turbo has to work too hard to keep up.

When is the last time you did an EGR tune-up?. Could also be bad readings from IMAP sensor or Delta-P and it wants too much EGR gas.

It is surprising you have almost 600k on that truck and have not de-mandated it yet... I hope like hell it has had a bypass oil filter on the whole time to keep the engine eating soot monster at bay. -- When is the last time you inspected your valve cam and run the overhead adjustment?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Bought the truck with 455,000 right away did overhead valve adjustment, did egr tune up, changed egr valve,swapped out to 2 cylinder pump, @480k cleaned dpf filter and doc. Installed amsoil bypass kit, put 1 gallon of spl5 gear oil every oil change at 12k miles. I haven't demanded it because I only run ca to nv and have no one to do it over here. I wish someone in ca can do it....but all you guys are in East coast. Truck is running good now...
replyreply
(08-10-2017 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Bought the truck with 455,000 right away did overhead valve adjustment, did egr tune up, changed egr valve,swapped out to 2 cylinder pump, @480k cleaned dpf filter and doc. Installed amsoil bypass kit, put 1 gallon of spl5 gear oil every oil change at 12k miles. I haven't demanded it because I only run ca to nv and have no one to do it over here. I wish someone in ca can do it....but all you guys are in East coast. Truck is running good now...

Sounds like your keeping after it, that is very good.

regen history ?

From your post, it sounds like maybe Something is either making too much back-pressure or the sensors is going bad.

====

If you have insite sw? -- C#term?

PM me your engine ser# and ph# number and a good time of day to call.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.