Acceleration, or not so much...
10-03-2017, (Subject: Acceleration, or not so much... ) 
RE: Acceleration, or not so much...
Alrighty then.... So back for some more brain picking! I've since done my overhead and that darn mandate ousted! I am still having an issue where about halfway through the day my engine starts to run like shi#t. It gets very stumbly and starts running hotter than normal, you can feel the heat radiating from the doghouse, and feel a stumble at idle as well as a huge lack of power. Still boosting in the top end, but just doesn't have a crisp acceleration and a very lazy start up even empty. Could my shitty injectors be getting worse with more use and heat throughout the day? Or fuel solenoids affected by heat? Bout to tear some more hair out.....
replyreply
You should probably run insite for a day and have it log the parameters under power loss. Once you notice the change take place you can look st the graphs and inputs to see what has changed or what silent derates the ecm may be in. This is going to be the quickest way to locate the issue IMO.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , BobLabla , trucklogger2
I'll have to look into that, I think that would show me lots of info on exactly what changed and when throughout the day it changed. Great idea, now to find a willing loaner.... I also am pushing about 750k and would love to have my injectors rebuilt/repaired, does anyone know now of a reputable rebuilder that's good with reconditioning the cm871 injectors!?!?
replyreply
The only good injector I'm aware of for the 871 is a Cummins injector.

Alot of really crappy remans out there. You might still get a bad one from Cummins, but if you do, you can at least take it back for another.

Cheaper, at least around here, if you make friends with the guys at your local kw/Pete dealer. Walking straight into Cummins is a good way to go broke.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , BobLabla
Start with an injector leak test, then follow up with cylinder cut-out tests after it is acting up./

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobLabla
10-04-2017, (Subject: Acceleration, or not so much... ) 
(10-03-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Start with an injector leak test, then follow up with cylinder cut-out tests after it is acting up./

I've already done the cutout test per your video Rawze. It ran at idle on all cylinders one at a time with the rest shut off, just wish I could see all the cylinders individually and their performance while on as well as cut out. I will get the leak down tool from my shop and try that out. What else could possibly cause me to lose too end rpm intermittently?! I'm thinking since I have put a turbo on it and swapped computers, axed the mandate, ran overhead and inspected everything.... Really only left with fueling being the issue?.?.? Just wish there was some way to bench test the injectors to check performance and rule that out instead of taking that monetary leap. That's a big leap....
replyreply
10-04-2017, (Subject: Acceleration, or not so much... ) 
(10-03-2017 )BobLabla Wrote:  ...
and that darn mandate ousted!

Who did the work/programming? -- there is more bad than good out there when it comes to people doing this to trucks and anyone in the chacago area is HORRIBLE at it to say the least!. -- Some here recently have even claimed they do "mm" but they are not doing them correctly either.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.