parked regen not initiating, user error?
11-22-2018, (Subject: parked regen not initiating, user error? ) 
parked regen not initiating, user error?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have a recently purchased 2012 freightliner m2 straight truck with a isb cummins 6.7 that I am not able to initiate a parked regen. DPF light just came on today, not flashing or any check engine lights but went to do the regen and the truck did not respond.

Parked truck
engaged and released and reengaged parking brake
trans in neutral
tried engaging and releasing footbrake (truck is automated manual, no clutch pedal)
held regen switch for over a minute and nothing
turned truck off for 30 seconds and tried again, still nothing

Is there something I am missing? I am starting to think the switch itself may not be wired correctly or has some kind of wiring issue there? I am new to dpf/regen stuff.

If I am unable to get the truck to do a regen can I pull the dpf and clean it manually and reinstall? Planned on just pressure washing it out to get me by for the next week or so till I demandate.

I am demandating the truck with a fellow forum member here in the next couple weeks but need the truck to work for the time being. Don't really want to spend any money on the system before hand.

Any input in appreciated.
replyreply
RE: parked regen not initiating, user error?
Anyone with cummins insite or jpro should be able to do a forced regen to hold you over till demandate is done.
I think most love's have jpro.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
Look up the manual for that model truck. The procedure to initiate it is in there. Also it is written on the sun visor on a lot of trucks.

The engine needs to also be warmed up fully too.

On my ISX, if the thing does not want a regen, when you push the regen button, it will simply blink at you letting you know it does not want it at that time.

There is some requirements for a parked regen or it will not work, but instead just blink the light on the switch, telling you it is not satisfied. Here are the requirements...

* The truck must be above 140 degrees on the coolant temp gauge.

* The truck must be out of gear, and not in PTO.

* The truck MUST have the regen-required light lit in the dash. I.E. It will NOT regen unless it is asking for one.

-- Insite is your friend.

-- NO, you should never use a liquid to clean a DPF. It shortens their life dramatically each time you do so. + every other hole in a DPF screen is supposed to be blocked off while its neighboring hole is supposed to be a pass through. That is how it functions, and washing one out with anything, including plain water help to destroy this rapidly.

I even know of a fleet that had 2,000 trucks that learned this the hard way after several hundred of their trucks started failing with regen problems (they used pressure washer with only water) more and more frequently, then eventually they had to replace all the ones they had washed. The result they saw was that it essentially causes the DPF to have to regen 2x more often exponentially for each time you try to wash it out... This lead to a huge loss in fuel mileage and huge increase in regen problems for each of these trucks and a whole lot of expense to replace all those DOC and DPF later.

- Be sure to only use one of the guys recommended on this forum if your going to demandate it. Too many bad delete / butchers out there,.. like MOST ALL OF THEM, no matter how good they claim to be.

just some random thoughts on it any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-26-2018, (Subject: parked regen not initiating, user error? ) 
hhow55 thank you for the input.

Rawze,
The first thing I did was go through the owners manual. Only procedure is air brakes set, engine warmed up to at least 150 and push the button.

I have read through all the horror stories and am working on getting the logistics setup to have said forum member tune it.

That being said, is there anyone here in the Orlando, Fl area that has or knows someone that would give me access to insight in some way?
replyreply
(11-26-2018 )ttz161 Wrote:  hhow55 thank you for the input.

Rawze,
The first thing I did was go through the owners manual. Only procedure is air brakes set, engine warmed up to at least 150 and push the button.

I have read through all the horror stories and am working on getting the logistics setup to have said forum member tune it.

That being said, is there anyone here in the Orlando, Fl area that has or knows someone that would give me access to insight in some way?

just buy a chineese inline-6 for about $300 or so. Better than borrowing someone else's all the time or being at the mercy of a stealershit..

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-26-2018 )ttz161 Wrote:  hhow55 thank you for the input.

Rawze,

I live by fort myers if you come down by my way I can help if not I can meet you half way

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
(11-26-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  just buy a chineese inline-6 for about $300 or so. Better than borrowing someone else's all the time or being at the mercy of a stealershit..

Do you have a link to what you are referring to? Do those give you the ability to flash or read only?
replyreply
(11-26-2018 )rgreen Wrote:  I live by fort myers if you come down by my way I can help if not I can meet you half way

Thanks for reaching out, I'll shoot you a pm
replyreply
(11-26-2018 )ttz161 Wrote:  
(11-26-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  just buy a chineese inline-6 for about $300 or so. Better than borrowing someone else's all the time or being at the mercy of a stealershit..

Do you have a link to what you are referring to? Do those give you the ability to flash or read only?

some references that came up in a search ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...22#pid2722

and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...90#pid6090
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid13298
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid32454

and there arew about a hundred more users on here that likely have posted about it.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.