DD15
02-10-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
RE: DD15
(02-10-2018 )giannid Wrote:  Any of you guys have had a delete done on your Detroit DD's? I just purchased a 2011 Freightliner with a DD13 with SCR and really want to remove that stuff before I have any problems with it. Not a lot on the internet about deletes on these trucks like there is on the Cummins. This truck is for off road use only ;).

One of our guys had a DD16 deleted. Worked for a year okay, but no difference in power or fuel economy. So he took it to another tuner, they cranked it up a bunch.
He was Really Happy with the power... for about a month, then a Big Bang. Had to get it towed.
Cracked a liner, broke a valve. $42,000 later and no warranty, he is back on the road.
replyreply
02-10-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
Update on my 2016 DD16.
Today while doing my weekend maintenance I found I have fuel in my radiator surge tank.
Looks like I have leaking injector cups. Off to Detroit on Monday. I have extended warranty, hopefully not an extended delay.
replyreply
02-12-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
(08-11-2017 )RStewart Wrote:  Hey guys. I know this is primarily a cummins site but I've learned a lot about my Detroit just by applying Rawze's info. Anyone else here run a Detroit?

I'm currently running a DD13
replyreply
08-12-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
I’m looking at Cascadias with the DD15.What are the known problems and fixes? Are there any good demandates for them? Thanks.
replyreply
08-12-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
Unilevers, gearhead, and Mr. Hag can demandate them from what i hear.
replyreply
11-25-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
Hello,

I have a 2010 Cascadia w/ DD15 engine, 455HP w/ over 1 million miles. It has the EGR system intact. My experience with this truck is keep the soot out of the pipes, change the EGR sensors every 200K and bake your DPF once a year.

The only problem I encountered on my truck was an inlet temp sensor went bad and Freightliner, as usual, was using the dart method. It cost me much more than the $75 sensor cost, but I learned from it - won't happen again.

As instructed here by the EGR Guru - follow the advise and you will save yourself a lot of headaches. A list of what I do every 200K and so far so good with a working EGR system (THANK YOU RAWZE):

1. Remove and clean the Venturi pipe
2. Remove and clean the cross over pipe
3. Remove and replace the Delta P Sensor ($130.00)
4. Remove and replace the IMAP / CAC sensor ($35.00)
5. Remove and replace the Doser Pen ($128.00)
6. Remove and bake your DPF (once a year)

I want to remove and replace the EGR valve, which are not that expensive. I was quoted at Stoops Freightliner IN for under $300 not including labor. If you have the knowledge of doing the work, well you just saved yourself the labor.

This is MY experience and I can tell you that I am avergering over 7MPG. I must inform you I baby my truck because it is my sustenance. I never move her until she reaches a minimum of 150 degrees, never shut her off until 3 - 5 minute after running on the highway. Keep in mind the 7MPG is an average, heavier loads and hills are taken into consideration.

Metaphorically speaking - I keep an egg under the diesel pedal. In other words, I don't jump on her when the light turns green, just build up speed at a moderate / sensible manner. Most, not all, of drivers complaining about MPG are those that have bad driving habits. I'm sure if they tweek the habits the MPG might go up.?.?

These trucks are as good as you take care of them, abuse them and they will ultimately abuse you, no lie. Hope this helps and good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Fluid Logistics , Doublecoin , simon999

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.