Location and temp variations of EGT sensor
08-12-2017, (Subject: Location and temp variations of EGT sensor ) 
RE: Location and temp variations of EGT sensor
I placed mine on the outside of #4 cylinder/exhaust manifold on my 2008 CM-871, ProStar. That is counting from the front of the motor back. I used a stainless steel clamp to fasten the probe to the exhaust manifold that came with the VDO Pyrometer that I have mounted in a pod which bolts to my dash.

The temp variance strapped to the exhaust manifold is I believe around 250* to 300*. My pyrometer reads a steady 450* under a load, once in a great while will go to 550* on a very hot day, but once the fan kicks on it drops quickly. I have a fan override switch on the dash which allows me to turn the engine fan on at will.

I see no reason to drill holes, but that is just me as this method works. I am running the @m*m^2 and have been for roughly three years, did the work myself with the tune, with a bit of help from this site. I have had no issues with overheating or excessive temps. I pull a dry van.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Muckoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Location and temp variations of EGT sensor - Waterloo - 08-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.