Looking for help/advice on truck purchase
08-12-2017, (Subject: Looking for help/advice on truck purchase ) 
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck purchase
Are you paying out right for it or financing it?

Make sure you leave yourself a budget for repairs. I'm sure there will be some needs to make sure it's 100%.

Pay attention to the engine for valvetrain noises and scorched paint under the oil pan rail which could signify a spun cam bearing or cam problems.

Put a bypass filter on it and flush that oil ASAP.
Personally check the fuel pump plungers. They tend to fail around that mileage and it is a catastrophic failure usually.
Finally, get that thing tuned right so it lives a long, healthy life! A number of folks on this forum can help with that. I would do these before planning on putting the truck into service, preferably.

It was a fleet truck so expect things to need fixing and repairs done to the bare minimum or maybe even not done correctly.

Everything you need to know you can find right here. Just gotta search and read. It made all the difference for me!

Just a few things to think about. So other than the sleeper, is it spec'd the way you want?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RStewart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck purchase - dhirocz - 08-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.