Looking for help/advice on truck purchase
08-12-2017, (Subject: Looking for help/advice on truck purchase ) 
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck purchase
This is just my opinion and I give my opinion for free. They seem pretty proud of these trucks, $$. I started looking about 4 years ago, I'm picking as hell. Finely found my perfect truck in June from a fleet in St Cloud MN. I was excited,blue Pete 386 with dual exhaust at the cab. Right up my alley and thought it came from a fleet with a huge shop so was probably well maintained. Didn't take long and I had emission sensor going off. That's when I found the wonderful world of Rawze. Truck was well maintained EXCEPT for the EGR system. IMAP sensor was packed full of soot and was original sensor. I do believe now this was my issue that caused other emission issues. I didn't fix I got a hold off Unilever and for what it cost to have a dealership put in a nox sensor I got it demandated. So I'd look the egr over good. First CEL with emissions I'd be talking with { one of the guys who can tune them on here }. I don't like letting my business be known but I'll say it here I bought on June 27 a 2012 Pete 386 with 450cummins with 560k miles for $32k. With the demandated and doing the manual work myself it's less than $35k. Same year of truck but red with 480k was $38k.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for help/advice on truck purchase - Fergie - 08-12-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.