Brand new isx 12 What do i need to know?
08-13-2017, (Subject: Brand new isx 12 What do i need to know? ) 
RE: Brand new isx 12 What do i need to know?
I would remove the mandate asap on the truck, forget the warranty. Idling is a killer on these motors, the soot they create will blow your mind, and that is working like sandpaper in your motor as you idle.

Then servicing the truck, with the mandate and an oil bypass filter, I would be doing that by the hour, not the mile. Someone here can break those numbers down. Just my .02 having been through the ringer with my truck before removing the mandate, which exposed even more issues, like the bad head.
replyreply
(08-13-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  I would remove the mandate asap on the truck, forget the warranty. Idling is a killer on these motors, the soot they create will blow your mind, and that is working like sandpaper in your motor as you idle.

Then servicing the truck, with the mandate and an oil bypass filter, I would be doing that by the hour, not the mile. Someone here can break those numbers down. Just my .02 having been through the ringer with my truck before removing the mandate, which exposed even more issues, like the bad head.

I understand where your coming from, I wish I had the balls to remove it right now but I just can't bring myself to do it.Not to mention I would have to drive it at least 7 hours from here to have someone that knows what they are doing de-mandate it. I'm gonna put a bypass filter on it and change the oil every 175-200 hours.

I'm not positive but wouldn't the dealer give you a hard time about recall repairs(like the current ECM and fuel pump recall) if your mandate has been removed?
replyreply
My dealer doesn't care about my de-manded motor, in fact they did the in frame on it and approved of the way I went about ridding myself of the mandate. That was two years ago. They have no issue working on the truck, because everything is there.

I would pull the mandate, and keep an eye on the fuel pump. If you are keeping the truck, you may as well start now and learn what tools you will need and how to repair the thing. This is not how things used to be anymore, service and grease, those days are long gone!

That warranty will cost you more in the long run than it is worth, especially with down time and you walking out with a truck that has not been repaired. All the dealer knows how to do is follow the to do list Cummins gives them regarding symptoms and repairs. There is not any real mechanic/diagnostic work involved, or any incentive for them to actually figure out what is wrong and actually fix it. Been there myself, and wound up here... I fixed a problem that had persisted for over a year with weeks upon weeks of downtime and lost revenue at various dealerships.

The dealer was happy to take my money, but they never fixed the truck. I had to do that. This is a good place to learn what not to do. ;-)
replyreply
Has anyone figured out how to remove the mandate on the x series engines yet? They have not been out that long. We have a 600/2050 X15. Throttle response and drivability are a lot better than our cm2250 was, much easier to drive and can shift a bit slower which I like. Not near enough time to speak of reliability though.
replyreply
08-14-2017, (Subject: Brand new isx 12 What do i need to know? ) 
its been done yes, if your in such a place/country/industry that allows such things.
replyreply
Now you got me thinking I should demandate it. I would have someone on here tune it but I would have to do all the blocking off and whatever exhaust work needs done myself because I'm not near any of these guys. What all needs to be done and how difficult is it?
replyreply
Wow! Wouldn't have guessed anyone would have done it already.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.