Oil Recommendation for Pickup
08-14-2017, (Subject: Oil Recommendation for Pickup ) 
Oil Recommendation for Pickup
I recently changed the oil on my 07 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins and was thinking about the conversations i have read about the new class of oil and how they don't protect the engines as well. Is there something I could add to give it that extra protection? On my Prostar I add in the recommended gear oil. Just curious on my pick up truck. Thanks in advance.
replyreply
RE: Oil Recommendation for Pickup
A lot of guys around here are using delo or Rotella-t in their pickups.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
i run rotella 15w40 in my 06 5.9 cummins with the gear lube. been tuned up high and running strong for years now.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Chamberpains
(08-14-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  i run rotella 15w40 in my 06 5.9 cummins with the gear lube. been tuned up high and running strong for years now.

How much gear lube do you add? Would it effect Catalytic converter? I plan on removing it, but just curious. What did you use to tune it?
replyreply
08-15-2017, (Subject: Oil Recommendation for Pickup ) 
12% I what we all run in the isx. I would think the equivalent would work, oil capacity x .12 will give you how much gear oil to put in @ next oil change. Don't forget to subtract however much gear oil you put in from the oil..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.