Ecm password question
08-15-2017, (Subject: Ecm password question ) 
Ecm password question
I got a bill from dealership for $200 for zap it to clear password. I went and talked to them today cause the fleet reset the password to 0000. So I was upset I got charged this. The mechanic retired last week so they looked through his notes. Supposedly the 0000 got him into the computer but the cruise control limit had another password that wasn't cleared. Are they covering their a$$ on this? Or can there be multiple passwords inside the ecm?
replyreply
RE: Ecm password question
(08-15-2017 )Fergie Wrote:  I got a bill from dealership for $200 for zap it to clear password. I went and talked to them today cause the fleet reset the password to 0000. So I was upset I got charged this. The mechanic retired last week so they looked through his notes. Supposedly the 0000 got him into the computer but the cruise control limit had another password that wasn't cleared. Are they covering their a$$ on this? Or can there be multiple passwords inside the ecm?

The ecm has 2 passwords. The user password, and the OEM password.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Hundred bucks more from china & you own inline adapter and everything needed instead of getting hosed.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , Hammerhead
(08-15-2017 )Cuya Wrote:  Hundred bucks more from china & you own inline adapter and everything needed instead of getting hosed.
I now have it and the ecm has been taken care of by Unilever's shop the other day.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.