EGR valve cleaning
08-15-2017, (Subject: EGR valve cleaning ) 
EGR valve cleaning
Hi everyone!
What the best way to clean EGR valve?
There is a cap with 2 screw ont the bottom side
I removed them but looks like cap sealed, its good idea to remove it completely and if it is what sealer to use when I put it back?
replyreply
08-15-2017, (Subject: EGR valve cleaning ) 
RE: EGR valve cleaning
I haven't had to replace mine...not to say it wasn't done before I bought the truck. Is it plugged up? How many miles on it?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
08-16-2017, (Subject: EGR valve cleaning ) 
I just use brake cleaner and gasoline on them and ensure the movement is good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: aeIAzdLZ
08-20-2017, (Subject: EGR valve cleaning ) 
Prostar wit 570k
When I bought truck they installed new EGR valve, 45k miles on it now
Than I brought it home and did EGR tune up, there was very light soot insite, sensors replaced.
After 15k have to replace EGR Cooler. Then have alarm DPF cloged , in couple weeks same with DOC. I cleaned them at dealership, they was not look bad, that's
also what I been told by service guy.
5 k miles ago I did regen, but sometimes DPF light shows up for couple seconds and then disappears .
My mileage drops from 6.48 to 5.8-6 mile/gal, afterrteatment history goes up from 2.2-3 to 3-4.2 after EGR leaked. I pull out sensor and it's was covered in soot ( sensor 6 month old)
My guess after EGR Cooler replacement need to check EGR valve and dozer injectior right away they may get clogged and that's why mpg is drops
Will update after checking them
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.