EXHAUST LEAK
08-16-2017, (Subject: EXHAUST LEAK ) 
EXHAUST LEAK
Ok Guys had this truck here and it did me in...
Ok so customer pulls up with exhaust leak. He just had got it done in texas. It made it 2 days and blew the gasket. When we got it. I put one of our guys on it and ask him to check torque first. Well sure enough bolt was on the loose side. So I assume it was not tight enough. So we installed new gaskets. And I didn't make it 5 miles and I herd a tick sound again. I knew is was a manifold leak on one cylinder. So We pulled it down again and sure enough you could see that the gasket was not sealing good on #1. Was not blown out yet but you could tell exhaust was getting by. THinking my guy just messed up some how. I put Allison on it the next go around. She then came to me and said the head was bad. I was like no way. So once i looked at it you can tell in the picture that the exhaust port where the gasket is suppose to seal was milled out to much and the gasket could not seal. So we took the exhaust manifold gasket and made the holes wider so that we could slide the gasket over so that it would seal. In the end we ran the turbo up to 85% and locked it in and took it for a spin so that it would have plenty of back pressure. At this time there is no leaks and it sealed well.

I just wanted to share this being this about give me a stroke after doing it 3 times. So maybe the next guy can look at the exhaust ports and make sure its not like this...
.jpg  IMG_8116.JPG (Size: 109.95 KB / Downloads: 333)
.jpg  IMG_8117.JPG (Size: 108.8 KB / Downloads: 316)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , snailexpress , Nilao , Jon Mastin , Waterloo , fargonaz , Wiseman , Brock , kmk , big_roy , Prostar14556 , marek4792 , Hammerhead , Tanker93 , t700 , gatow900 , trucklogger2 , PuroCumminsPower , hhow55 , Roysbigtoys , stevesparts , Rawze , mmssvv , Muckoy
08-17-2017, (Subject: EXHAUST LEAK ) 
RE: EXHAUST LEAK
I like these kinds of posts. Simple shi#t that just sits in the memory bank till it's needed which makes your life easier. Cheers
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900 , Mr Hagg , Hammerhead , PuroCumminsPower , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.