Cm870 Turbo noise......new turbo?
08-19-2017, (Subject: Cm870 Turbo noise......new turbo? ) 
RE: Cm870 Turbo noise......new turbo?
Found it! Wasn't the turbo gasket. The manifold had one very loose and one not very night bolt on the bottom center. Snugged those....noise gone!

Super happy....thank you all. I am not completely satisfied that it is making the power it should.....but I am not completely finished with the EGR tune up...and it has a couple of faults I need to get the codes for and check.....but they could have been from the EGR hose that I fixed or any number of other things. One step at a time getting closer. At least it sounds good!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , trucklogger2 , Waterloo
I'll probably order a new gasket set for the manifold and turbo while I am at it....maybe replace them before harvest. It couldn't have been good for that to run loose for awhile....but it is sealing for the time being.
replyreply
Time for me to do this too. Funny thing is I just had it all apart...all gaskets are Cummins and new. I did have a rough looking exhaust port on the head where it mated to the #4 exhaust. I bet that's where mine is.

I hope that's not my problem, since it was the head that was not in the best of shape, not the manifold or gasket. Well see tomorrow, I'm staying off the road during this solar eclipse.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.