cm2350 turbo
08-28-2017, (Subject: cm2350 turbo ) 
RE: cm2350 turbo
I don't need 625rwhp to do my job.
Neither does anybody else on this forum that I'm aware of...

Even the Aussie road train guys know to do it with gearing instead of raw power, but I'm quite sure they would agree that the benefits from more power are outweighed by more reliability.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze , AussieISX
08-29-2017, (Subject: cm2350 turbo ) 
If I gear down my rpms increase or i slow down to run the same rpm. When im empty hIgher RPM means higher fuel consuption. If i drive slower I get less loads. Either way its less money in my pocket. Idealy I want to drive 65-68mph all day. That should increase my average mph to around 58 mph all miles. If it was higher that would be amazing. Currently we run around 1200 miles per day. My current average speed is 50mph if i could increase that to 58 mph my miles per day would increase to around 1400. My current dollar per miles is around $2 per mile. I run for $4.15 a loaded mile. There is a few extra empty miles here and there knocks the dollar per mile down. Anyway the 200 mile per day would increase my revenue by about $400 per day. In 30 days thats a 12k increase in gross revenue. Yes fuel consuption goes up and so does maintance cost. My fixed cost like insurance and truck payments are spread across a higher gross dollar amount. The precentage per mile of those cost decrease. There is more to the story but that is one way to increase my profits. The other way is to never stop moving. Like fuel, eating and using the restrooms. When the D.O.T removed my requirements for the 30 minute break, It put more money in my pocket.

I dont know if anybody else on this forum does what I do for a living but they still where able to point me in the right direction. That really says something. I'm so glad I found this forum! Thank you
replyreply
(08-29-2017 )Felonygtp Wrote:  If I gear down my rpms increase or i slow down to run the same rpm. When im empty hIgher RPM means higher fuel consuption. If i drive slower I get less loads. Either way its less money in my pocket. Idealy I want to drive 65-68mph all day. That should increase my average mph to around 58 mph all miles. If it was higher that would be amazing. Currently we run around 1200 miles per day. My current average speed is 50mph if i could increase that to 58 mph my miles per day would increase to around 1400. My current dollar per miles is around $2 per mile. I run for $4.15 a loaded mile. There is a few extra empty miles here and there knocks the dollar per mile down. Anyway the 200 mile per day would increase my revenue by about $400 per day. In 30 days thats a 12k increase in gross revenue. Yes fuel consuption goes up and so does maintance cost. My fixed cost like insurance and truck payments are spread across a higher gross dollar amount. The precentage per mile of those cost decrease. There is more to the story but that is one way to increase my profits. The other way is to never stop moving. Like fuel, eating and using the restrooms. When the D.O.T removed my requirements for the 30 minute break, It put more money in my pocket.

I dont know if anybody else on this forum does what I do for a living but they still where able to point me in the right direction. That really says something. I'm so glad I found this forum! Thank you

There are so many things wrong with what you just said that it is not even funny any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , hhow55
1400 miles in 24hrs ? Did I read that correctly? So when do you load/unload or other weird stuff like sleeping, eating , shiting ?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , hhow55
I run team so i sleep when the other driver os driving. we eat when we fuel and try to keep other stops to a minimum. Loading is when we get there 24-7 and there usually a crew of 4 to 6 guys plus both of us so it takes a maximum of 30 minutes to load or unload.
replyreply
I did a run from Albany ,Ny to the Lansing salt mine then to Levitown, Long Island. A run just over 700 miles, only loaded with 35 ton 350 miles of it. I had to run like a madman to do it in a stitch over 12 hours. Not safe and I don't recommend it. I had to average 58 mph to do that, it includes loading and unloading time, I've got just over 800hp and it was a huge challenge. I don't know if what you want is really possible. But best of luck to you
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
08-30-2017, (Subject: cm2350 turbo ) 
(08-29-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  There are so many things wrong with what you just said that it is not even funny any more.

Over the years I have learned that there are people you can help, some you can teach, some you can learn from...then there are some people that you quickly realize that no matter how you try to demonstrate what you are sharing, they just won't believe it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , simon999 , hhow55
09-03-2017, (Subject: cm2350 turbo ) 
Here they are Unilevers, I dug out the old computer today and found some old pics of the setup to cut O-ring head gaskets into racing cylinders...I assume that its the same thing as this in the liners from your pics...

Building a tranny support brace...
./uploads/201709/post_2077_1504497059_d54cc44003b84c7364e19a242a9e0273.jpg
Sorta finished product...nothing is ever finished in racing
./uploads/201709/post_2077_1504497175_f17d4ce50ec53ccabdf8d5522ffe1534.jpg

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , the missing link , AussieISX , Rawze , Waterloo , fargonaz , hhow55 , big_roy
09-07-2017, (Subject: cm2350 turbo ) 
I got my truck into Mr Hag. What a great place!! He fixed my tune while his guys looked over the rest of the work that was done to my truck. They fixed a few things and changed out some sensors then he dropped a tune in and we went for a ride. I think he was a little nervous to drive my truck hard. So when I drove back I kinda kicked the crap out of the poor thing. I want to get the truck under a load before say anything about the tune itself or how the truck runs. I did get a new turbo and it is a stock replacement. It came with all the sensors and a new actuator. Mr Hag did say my turbo is weak but that he thought it was hanging up because of the way the vgt was tuned in my truck. Since the retune it hasnt hung up, but then again I only drove it a 1000 miles home empty. What I really liked about meeting him and getting my truck done there was he was able to show me the tuning and explain what he thought was going on. I thought it was a J ball tune, He didnt say but he hinted that he thought it was a custom tune. He didnt openly trash the guy that tuned my truck and give me a bunch of grief about wasting my money on bad tuning. I dont remember him saying anything really bad about the guy that tuned my truck. He just showed me what was wrong and explained why, then he fixed it. It was a great experiance. Thank you guys
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.