Thick oil
09-08-2017, (Subject: Thick oil ) 
RE: Thick oil
I agree with everything you have said, however, as you know you can only do what you can do and finances tend to limit that sometimes as well, there's only myself and another looking after 16 prime movers and around 13 trailers including fridge vans, and we do everything from tyre changes to bodywork repairs to rebuilding motors. We have to rely on drivers and I use that word loosely for some of them to tell us whats going on with the trucks between services.

We service and change oil every 20,000klm (12,000ml) and have NEVER had this problem before.

I fully agree that the coolant leak has caused the sludge (still waiting on the oil sample test) and I have to take responsibility for that, we new it was loosing coolant but believed it to be due to the pathetic plastic header tank that was leaking as well, once we finally got around to replacing that we discovered it was still loosing the coolant.

This sludge was not visible 20,000klm ago, however, I do recall that this truck was last serviced late on a Friday evening and we may have simply not noticed the oil condition in our hast for a beer.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.