Oil sample opinions
08-22-2017, (Subject: Oil sample opinions ) 
Oil sample opinions
Can I get some insight on my latest oil sample. Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  #10 PROSTAR-170808-Copy.pdf (Size: 33.12 KB / Downloads: 49)
replyreply
RE: Oil sample opinions
You still running the mandate? If you are, those oil change intervals are to far out for me, I would not be comfortable going past 15,000. I always changed mine at 12,000 or darn close. Someone more knowledgeable will chime in on the report.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
I have most recent MM tune 871. I usually change oil at 17k miles. Only difference I'm seeing as of last couple oil changes oil gets a lil darker nearing 10k mile on oil. When recently changed nice and clear.
replyreply
857,000 miles on her eh? She is getting close to that time... Rawze or one of the guys will know more than I do. Have you popped the top to do an overhead and to inspect the cams and bearings? How is the oil pressure? Are you running any gear lube in the oil? The spike in calcium, that seemed kind of odd? More than likely due to the longer oil change interval.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
I agree, will need to go see Mr Hag pretty soon. Yes use a gallon of gear oil. Had overhead done when I had a cam replaced earlier this year. Oil pressure is good. Idle about 19. Going down the road about 36.
replyreply
That sounds good, might just be some wear in the head, other cam? A good inspection might discover something. I would say as long as you are not building excess pressure in your cooling system and mysteriously losing coolant, sounds like normal wear to me. Still be good to pop the top though and have a look. Have you run the crank bearings, lower end, change those out? If not, might be a good time to do that.
replyreply
I haven't done the main bearings, lower end. The plan is to do it all at once.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.