Using the Gear Lube
02-20-2018, (Subject: Using the Gear Lube ) 
RE: Using the Gear Lube
We just pulled a high hour ISX apart that's never had the gear oil treatment and all the bearing surfaces and gear train are flawless. Other than carbon blowing out all the cylinders and 3 broke top rings on the back 3 cylinders it's flawless....LOL

Maybe these EGR bombs should be running ATF in the crankcase to deal with the friggin carbon!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo
02-23-2018, (Subject: Using the Gear Lube ) 
I'll be doing another oil sample probably at 15000 miles, or near that. Once I get the sample pulled I'm going to change the oil and toss in some gear lube. I'm going to start changing the oil at 12000 mile intervals after that, at least until I'm able to get a bypass filter system put on. Right now I'm in Tuscaloosa so I won't be doing anything for at least another week.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
02-24-2018, (Subject: Using the Gear Lube ) 
(02-20-2018 )Joesixpack Wrote:  We just pulled a high hour ISX apart that's never had the gear oil treatment and all the bearing surfaces and gear train are flawless. Other than carbon blowing out all the cylinders and 3 broke top rings on the back 3 cylinders it's flawless....LOL

Maybe these EGR bombs should be running ATF in the crankcase to deal with the friggin carbon!

Its too bad no one bothered to install a bypass filtration system on the engine when it was new to prevent those soot-packing problems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.