Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment???
08-25-2017, (Subject: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment??? ) 
RE: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment???
Thanks again all who responded. Rawze: any way I might get a pic of your exhaust wrap job? I think I am going to try this first.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
08-26-2017, (Subject: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment??? ) 
I wondering if installing an CM870 CAC on a CM871 would yield a performance improvement and maybe less heat as the CAC covers the entire radiator opposed to the one on the CM871. You might have to change the coolant overflow tank and a few hoses and a support braket for the CAC tube. Just throwing an idea out here.
replyreply
08-27-2017, (Subject: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment??? ) 
(08-26-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  I wondering if installing an CM870 CAC on a CM871 would yield a performance improvement and maybe less heat as the CAC covers the entire radiator opposed to the one on the CM871. You might have to change the coolant overflow tank and a few hoses and a support braket for the CAC tube. Just throwing an idea out here.

I have a prostar. It has fairly large piping, but the smallest CAC of any truck with an ISX in it. The CAC sits above the radiator and is very short. even so, Prostars are one of the most fuel efficient trucks out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-27-2017, (Subject: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment??? ) 
I saw on your tear down video, could yank it out in 10 minutes without removing the whole front end. I guess it comes down to tubing size and tuning to compensate for the airflow.
replyreply
Tunning until your pushing so much fuel that you just run out of cooling compacities. Good tunning is pretty amazing.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.