Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment???
08-25-2017, (Subject: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment??? ) 
RE: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment???
Thanks guys for all the input.
Magard: that looks great, very custom! I think that would really help, especially on the pass side, but I would do both sides as well for the symmetry. What is an average flat ground cruising EGT for you, and does EGT come up fast when you are pulling on a grade?

Rawze: I like the idea of wrapping the exhaust. What kind of material do you wrap it with, also how much of the exhaust would one wrap?

Snailexpress: I am flat ground cruising at 62mph, 1450 RPMs, about 550-625 EGT, when I start up a grade heavy, she comes up fast. The manual engine fan helps tremendously, but I just thought if I could get some of the exhaust heat out of there it would be better all around. Coolant temp never seems to be a problem, just EGT's a bit high.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any ideas for improving airflow to the Volvo VNL engine compartment??? - JMBT - 08-25-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.