Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
08-30-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
Fault code 1117. Truck is shutting down every 15 minutes of so. I just replaced all 4 batteries today and all connections are clean, changed visible links under air cleaner and checked main power wire going to them. I know what quickserve says about this but I thought I would check and see if anyone knows of something I should be looking for here?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
08-31-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
RE: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
There is a poor connection or short circuit somewhere between the batteries & 4pin ECM socket. Check the voltage at the 4pin socket while someone manipulates the wiring to see if there's any noticeable change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo
We checked the wiring from the battery up to the ecm and it seems fine so I figured it has to be the switched power wire. Seeing as it didn't do it constantly and seemed to trigger after 10 or 15 minutes, I thought that sounded like a bad relay.

Switched out relays and so far the problem is gone. I will update if anything changes.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nilao , Waterloo
I spoke too soon. Can't find anything wrong with the main ecm power or ground or the switched power from the ignition. I'm gonna go smash my head against a wall for a bit!

replyreply
(08-31-2017 )Brock Wrote:  I spoke too soon. Can't find anything wrong with the main ecm power or ground or the switched power from the ignition. I'm gonna go smash my head against a wall for a bit!

I had similar issue after replacing batteries a couple years ago.. The cables that tied the batteries together had a few ends that looked good with no corrosion, at but they had loose connections inside. Assuming while going down the road with the vibration they would lose a good connection and truck would shut down..Worth a shot so you don't beat your to hard:).
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Well it's worth a try for sure. I had to go back to work with another truck so unfortunately I have to get the prostar brought to the stealership so they can Rob me.
This is tough cause there is no pattern to when it acts up. Sometimes it's fine for hours then will do.it every 10 minutes, sometimes 5 minutes. Just put 4 new batteries in then it was good for half a day.

replyreply
don't forget about this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...05#pid3505

or...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid12320

just some ideas.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JMBT
Rawze, do you remember on the prostar where the fuse is? On mine I don't see a fuse on the power wire at the battery box but just behind my air filter directly under those big 150 fuses orca couple 30amp ones.

replyreply
(08-31-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Rawze, do you remember on the prostar where the fuse is? On mine I don't see a fuse on the power wire at the battery box but just behind my air filter directly under those big 150 fuses orca couple 30amp ones.

Nope, but all those little small 5 amp fuses on the bottom left of the fuse panel are notorious for having faulty connections when they get old. I replace them on mine every year now just to keep the contacts shiny.

Smack the top of the ECM with the handle of a a screw-driver a good bit and see if it dies when you do so. It could be internal.

Also, don't forget about the ground wires around the block and starter. They love to corrode and loose connections.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.