Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
08-31-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
RE: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss.
(08-31-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Well it's worth a try for sure. I had to go back to work with another truck so unfortunately I have to get the prostar brought to the stealership so they can Rob me.
This is tough cause there is no pattern to when it acts up. Sometimes it's fine for hours then will do.it every 10 minutes, sometimes 5 minutes. Just put 4 new batteries in then it was good for half a day.

the stealershits are not likely to find your problems unless they get as lucky as you do in finding it. I have met plenty of people who spent thousands and thousands and still ended up at my house for help finding problems like that because they got nowhere.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JMBT
Smacked ecm, no luck there. Every ground on the truck has been removed and grinded clean and put back. All fuses have been replaced. I never bring my truck there but I need someone with all the software to look at it and I don't have time as I'm balls to the walls busy.

My driver is checking everything off the list from everything you mentioned. Hoping he can find it before it has to go in.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(08-31-2017 )Brock Wrote:  Smacked ecm, no luck there. Every ground on the truck has been removed and grinded clean and put back. All fuses have been replaced. I never bring my truck there but I need someone with all the software to look at it and I don't have time as I'm balls to the walls busy.

My driver is checking everything off the list from everything you mentioned. Hoping he can find it before it has to go in.

Try smacking the keyswitch, cab plugs, and wiring harnesses around then. You have about as much chance towards finding it as they do. It does not take software to find something that is making your eCM die suddenly.

Bang around on the fuse panel and relays too. Yank at wiring harnesses, and shake the cab of the truck. it can always be found, it is just a matter of eliminating things.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JMBT
Could it be a bad shutoff solenoid that just is not throwing faults?. Pulling its guts out and leaving the wire for it taped up and unplugged for a while would eliminate it from suspicion.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
The software is for my Autoshift plus bcm just in case. I've heard data link problems can cause this issue and in the past, I did short out a data link wire once and it caused all kind of havoc.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(08-31-2017 )Brock Wrote:  The software is for my Autoshift plus bcm just in case. I've heard data link problems can cause this issue and in the past, I did short out a data link wire once and it caused all kind of havoc.
What brand of the truck you have. Electrical diagram will help to find issue.
Try to answer this questions -
Is engine shut down after equal time laps or randomly.
After shut down don't turn key off start checking for +12 from ECM c0nnector back to cab regarding electrical diagram.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rawze , JMBT
09-01-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
Not saying this is your issue but I had a truck with this very same issue , Power loss with key switched on, we tried everything I even ran a complete new power and earth wire from the Batteries to the ECM, we eventually purchased a second hand ECM and that solved our problem.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Nilao
09-03-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
I agree with Pete. I think the ecm has a cracked solder joint that breaks connection once it heats up. I also had a freind that had engine shutdowns and a new ecm fixed the issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
09-03-2017, (Subject: Ever have fault 1117? Ignition pwr loss. ) 
I had an engine stumble and sometimes die issue replaced and checked everything spent lots of time and money finally borrowed an ECM from a friend and that was it replaced ECM with rebuilt no more problems, this was an N14
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.