Lot of blowby after rebuild
09-01-2017, (Subject: Lot of blowby after rebuild ) 
RE: Lot of blowby after rebuild
(09-01-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 )cubillos389 Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-31-2017 )cubillos389 Wrote:  ...
I had it mandate'd and the ECM tuned. Since then I've put a turbo on it since before the EGR cleanup it had been leaking oil from the compressor side, so I just replaced it.

There are more bad deletes out there than good. Most will destroy your engine in short order, so if you have bad programming, then it will do it again.

Who did the de-mandate work? and when?

The new turbo hasn't given any issues, I get about 39-40 pounds of boost under full load. My oil also doesn't start to turn dark for about 10k miles, before then it's more a dark brown than black.

A local guy here in California did it, he sent in the ECM for programming and I am honestly not sure who got it. I've read a lot of things about what the bad deletes are, and for the most part my motor doesn't fall under any of the bad symptoms of a bad de-mandate. It was done in June, maybe 40k miles ago.

Another victim of a bad delete, who remain's to be stuck on stupid

Ok, but what would be causing that within the programming and how should I go about fixing it?
replyreply
(09-01-2017 )cubillos389 Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  Another victim of a bad delete, who remain's to be stuck on stupid

Ok, but what would be causing that within the programming and how should I go about fixing it?

I don't judge something as "bad" unless i see it, or if you have the typical symptoms. You claim you do not,.. soo .... If in doubt, pull a copy of the tune from the truck via c&term, e-mail it to me and I will look at it.

You should never question your programming. Either it is good, or bad,.. and a second opinion is worth its weight in gold because there ARE so many "bad" out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , hhow55 , Waterloo , preacherboy24 , cubillos389
I'm with Rawze on this. Check the tune to be sure its good because Ive seen some on the job training with tunes with my own eyes from even good tuners (Rawze saw it too).

Whoever did the rebuild matters. Watch Rawzes video where they put the rings on the pistons. Mr Hag tells of a guy who was told to "line up the rings" and drop them in. He lined up all the gaps to one side of the piston and dropped them in instead of indexing them properly. You can only imagine the blowby caused by that mistake. Its possible they didnt index the rings right......and I hope I'm wrong because we know how that has to be fixed.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
09-03-2017, (Subject: Lot of blowby after rebuild ) 
(09-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 )cubillos389 Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  Another victim of a bad delete, who remain's to be stuck on stupid

I don't judge something as "bad" unless i see it, or if you have the typical symptoms. You claim you do not,.. soo .... If in doubt, pull a copy of the tune from the truck via c&term, e-mail it to me and I will look at it.

You should never question your programming. Either it is good, or bad,.. and a second opinion is worth its weight in gold because there ARE so many "bad" out there.

Sure is! I will try to get that to you ASAP, thank you!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.