'15 Prostar with the N13
09-02-2017, (Subject: '15 Prostar with the N13 ) 
RE: '15 Prostar with the N13
Good thinking. And we have this site, which none of the other brands have. The reason I would buy another ProStar/ISX if it came down to it. To much knowledge here on this site not too.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Rawze
09-20-2017, (Subject: '15 Prostar with the N13 ) 
(09-01-2017 )schISM Wrote:  Thanks for all the opinions guys. From what I've found the 10'-13' maxfarts were the over egr'ed boat anchors that gave navistar the black eye. The N13 looks like a winner on paper thats why I was hoping for someone who owns one to chime in. The aftertreatment system is sourced from Cummins the block is compacted graphite same as the Paccar. Not sure why they went with twin turbos but the engine brake should be at least as strong as the old accerts. Couldn't find much about the HPCRI fuel system but probably a Cummins copy. I know the non scr maxxforce was junk but if these N13's are as reliable as any other engine offered these days I'm thinking "maybe".

Don't buy!!!, first hand knowledge. In effective engine brakes, low power, second ring carbons at less than 300,000. We have four where I work. Not a good buy.
replyreply
09-20-2017, (Subject: '15 Prostar with the N13 ) 
(09-20-2017 )75cabs Wrote:  Don't buy!!!, first hand knowledge. In effective engine brakes, low power, second ring carbons at less than 300,000. We have four where I work. Not a good buy.

Nope, I didn't. I sold my Pete and was looking for lightweight, fuel efficient and economical in that order.
After driving 4 used trucks, 2 cascadia 113's a pete 384 and a 579, all low miles I've discovered there is absolutely NO used emmisions trucks that aren't a P.O.S.
Sold a cm2350 without a single issue. Ended up buying a cm2350 in a W900L that belongs to a guy I know. Heavy, fuel guzzler and expensive. But it's the only truck I drove that didn't have a CEL on.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.