turbo lag and variation
09-06-2017, (Subject: turbo lag and variation ) 
RE: turbo lag and variation
Wow guys, I'm getting a lot of info. I do not have a pyro on this truck but have ordered one that I will be mounting externally the manifold. Also have ordered the inline 5 reader. The boost gauge is the factory one. As far as all the sensors how do I know what is functioning properly and what isn't. Will the "reader" help me to know? I live on the west coast so getting to those shops will be very difficult as I run within a 500 mile radius of Portland, OR. Also I understand you guys saying 450 hp is enough but I am licensed for 105,500 lbs and haul that kind of weight on a daily basis. and we run mountains every day also.

On the coolant issue. I do lose a little coolant. I probably add about a pint every week or week and a half. The sensor is very picky and gives me the low coolant light and buzzer if it drops very much. It seems to push it out the radiator cap as every time I open the hood there is a little bit of coolant moisure on the surge tank around the cap and I can smell it. I had a mechanic here check into it and he says there are no problems that he can tell. He just thinks it is a cap problem. These trucks have a plastic surge cap and the threads do get bad on them. I have heard others talk about this problem also. But that being said, I am not going to say there isn't a bigger issue going on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

Messages In This Thread
RE: turbo lag and variation - Unilevers - 09-05-2017,
RE: turbo lag and variation - Unilevers - 09-06-2017,
RE: turbo lag and variation - Milehigh - 09-06-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.