ELD mandate
09-09-2017, (Subject: ELD mandate ) 
RE: ELD mandate
But since the soils are so depleted from pesticide, I think usda requires 5-10 years of no pesticide on the soil to be usda certified organic... which most owners of farm land either don't want too or can't afford a business downturn of that long-

But I did hear that a new program is coming out called transitional organic, where farmers would get the "in-transition" organic certification which would help raise the value of the product to assist in the transition costs of business.

In the mean time I guess organic cabbage will still be about $7 a head while it's pesticide genetically altered cousin will sell for about $2
replyreply
A lot of people miss on this also. Mexico sends a lot of vegetables and fruit in to America. They don't have the regs. that we do on pesticides. They still use stuff we outlawed 30 years ago. So I think the first place to start health eating is to start American grown first then start on your organic deal. Another thing a lot of people don't realize is there's a difference between certified organic and organically grown. Certified is done by the government. Organically grown is just a marketing ploy. Sometimes it is as organic as you can get. Other times it could be fertilized with shi#t instead of chemicals. It's a crazy world out there. If you want real food grow it yourself. Home grown cherry tomatoes are freaking awesome. Home grown squash, its the best.... Get yourself a Mobil garden. Lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , Sergiu , Waterloo
I hate to say it, but organic foods at the grocery stores are typically more harmful to you. To qualify it as "organic" it requires out-dated (from the 70's and 60's) pesticides that are more harmful than the newer pesticides. -- there is no such thing as growing food with no pesticides unless it is in a greenhouse enclosure and you aren't going to find that kind of food in a grocery store.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Texasdude74 , Kid Rock , Waterloo
(09-09-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  I hate to say it, but organic foods at the grocery stores are more harmful to you. To qualify it as "organic" it requires out-dated (from the 70's and 60's) pesticides that are more harmful than the newer pesticides. -- there is no such thing as growing food with no pesticides unless it is in a greenhouse enclosure and you aren't going to find that kind of food in a grocery store.

I remember you telling me this and being surprised. I always thought that if it was organic that any pesticide would kill it; Since it was not genetically designed to withstand the chemicals...

But what gets me is the changing of a plants dna. There's no telling what they cross bred the DNA with. I remember reading about lettuce that had scorpion DNA in it because it made it "resist" some type of something. Like dang a vegetarian can't even eat a salad without eating beaver DNA in the tomato or something lol ... nature has been just fine for 1000's of years until the last 50 years or so; now it "needs" an overhaul ... I just want real seed bearing food that nourishes me, designed by nature, not by Ted at the big Ag company
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Shotgun74
09-10-2017, (Subject: ELD mandate ) 
http://www.daveskillerbread.com

Here's a good product,

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock
02-04-2018, (Subject: ELD mandate ) 
(09-09-2017 )Magard Wrote:  I know this isn't a farming sight but in the interest learning. I think a major factor is the food people want to eat can't be grown in the mid west

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , PuroCumminsPower
02-04-2018, (Subject: ELD mandate ) 
(02-04-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 )Magard Wrote:  I know this isn't a farming sight but in the interest learning. I think a major factor is the food people want to eat can't be grown in the mid west

I could not agree more on this!. We farm 700 acres here in western wisconsin although we are now getting out of it this year as it more cost effective to rent out.

What I truly don't understand is the need for new machinery all the time. I know people who farm 400 acres and have a 120000$ dollar corn planter and 300000$ combine. Maybe with 20,000 acres but not 400, Its a far cry from our $4000 planter and $20,000 combine. Seems like people have to trade in their new machinery in every other year and the used machinery market shows it. More and more grain is being planted every year and the price of grain keeps going down and down.

The dairy market is even worse! These mega farms have now choice but to keep getting bigger and bigger. The banks are in so deep with these guys they have no choice but to lend money so they can save their own azzes. Just makes me wonder when the farming bubble is going to burst if not blow up like a nuclear warhead.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , the missing link , Magard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.