Financing a Truck and My Experience
09-07-2017, (Subject: Financing a Truck and My Experience ) 
RE: Financing a Truck and My Experience
(09-07-2017 )Longshot Wrote:  ...
I found a Cummins document about how to get the best gas mileage

You ARE LISTENING TO THE WRONG SOURCE ABOUT EFFICIENCY!!! <-- this Point directly towards someone who has never driven a truck for any length of time and has no clue!.

Here is some better ones...

* Chapter 7 and 8 in my book + ...

* This info: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid17230

* and : http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid13433

* and to put my money where my mouth is... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...83#pid6383

* there is a LOT of information on this forum about driving for best efficiency and profit. The manufacturers are spewing out cookie-cutter bullshit that the fleets want to hear is all when it comes to that subject.

(09-07-2017 )Longshot Wrote:  We will follow a rigid maintenance regimen that includes routine replacement of parts at manufacturer recommended intervals. Thoughts on that one? What would you'all think of replacing NOX sensors at 200K miles for example?

Read the maintenence chapter in my book and build your own maint. schedule from it based on the example it has in there. The DOT REQUIRES YOU KEEP GOOD MAINTENANCE RECORDS BEYOND JUST RECIEPTS! and filling out printed maint schedule regularly and performing inspections is important. Every truck is different, so you will have to come up with your own, and if you start pricing parts and such based on that schedule, you will get a ballpark of how much to keep towards it.
[/quote]

low flow air filter
maybe a Bully Dog
[/quote]

Use the factory air filter. Those after-market kinds will gain you nothing and the "washable" kind are downright damaging long term!.

I have seen their tuning and have copies of all the programs in that stupid over-priced engine damaging box they sell,.. IT IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE ON THE ENGINE!

STOP LISTENING TO THE IDIOTS ON TTR AND THE XM RADIO AND THOSE WHO FOILLOW THEM!!1--- YOU ARE BEING FLODDED WITH BUSST$IT AND MORE BULLSH$IT!!! -- It is painfully obvious at this point that you really really don't have a good handle on what you are doing and are over-planning everything like some paranoid pot-smoker or something.

My advice --- Jump in that truck and ruin it for about 3 years BEFORE spewing all that stuff onto others about how well your plan is going to work.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
The most important thing keep in mind when listening to fuel mileage guru's and oem recommendations......

Oem base everything they do on epa mandates. If you think for 1 second any diesel engine is better off with 5w30 oil, your mistaken but the thinner oil does help fuel mileage and emissions which is exactly why they use it....... but it's at the cost of engine life.

They market to.mega fleets and therefore it is no longer mandatory to have million mile engine's. Fleets want new equipment to help with driver retention so using water thin oil and lugging the crap out of the engine to keep rpm low and save fuel is fine as they trade them off at 500,000 only to have a unsuspecting owner operator buy the junk.

Trust me, I've been brainwashed and come out the other side.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
Longshot, you mentioned in your first post about taking the truck to Mr Hagg. I am assuming you are not far? That would be my first step. Call him, make an appointment and plan to spend a day or even two and let him go over the truck with you. First thing is to rid yourself of the mandate. Second is to tear apart and inspect the fuel pump and make sure there are no ceramic plungers in there. Let Mr Hagg work his magic and tune your truck properly, along with a full inspection. And see if he will let you get your hands dirty.
replyreply
09-08-2017, (Subject: Financing a Truck and My Experience ) 
Yes, I still plan on going to Mr Hagg.
I am a little more than 1000 miles away and once the truck has the coolant in oil issue resolved I will have my carrier get me a load to Atlanta. My driver is not the guy to learn anything from Mr Hagg and I should be there myself but I have scheduling issues I need to work around.
But it won't be long before I get there regardless.
Thanks for the input!
replyreply
09-09-2017, (Subject: Financing a Truck and My Experience ) 
(09-08-2017 )Longshot Wrote:  ..
My driver is not the guy to learn anything from Mr Hagg and I should be there myself

And that is why he likely failed his leases and then wonders why he can't make it as a truck owner.

You own a truck,.. you work on it,.. or you go broke waiting for it to be fixed while shop lolly-gags around and wasts your time and money.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
09-09-2017, (Subject: Financing a Truck and My Experience ) 
(09-06-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  One year later,.. he was proclaimed THE MOST PROFITABLE SOLO TRUCK THAT FLEET HAD EVER SEEN!. and was asked to give seminars and suggestions on how he made it. -- when he did,.. ALL THE OTHER TRUCK OWNERS GAVE HIM THE SAME EXACT ATTITUDE BULL4HIT REPLIES AND ARGUMENTS THAT HE DID WHEN HE MET ME!.

Yeah why would anybody listen to him, I mean what has he accomplished?
My cynical sense of humor...

This entire thread shows the problems with this industry. Too many unintelligent people, with too big of egos. That is why there are so many pretadors feeding off of the industry, the feeding is good.
Longshot, you are coming at this industry with some intelligence and are trying to do your Due Dilligence with your research and questions. The problem is, you haven't yet learned that most of the sources you are looking to are filled with predators who feed endlessly off the majority of the industry. So they have become so drunk on the glut themselves that they can't even recognize intelligence when they see it, and they can't give you good info because they no longer have it, there hasn't been a need to aquire it, and they have stopped using their own brains to figure it out for themselves.
I tried the same route when I bought this truck new from Cummins, and I got nowhere. They, the Cummins dealers literally don't have a clue, they've been fed a line of BS from the mothership and they just spew and repeat it. It is based on the motherships science and testing, and they are one of the predators.
Taking advise from anyone related to this industry who is selling something must be taken with a truckload of salt...not just a grain.
Nobody here has anything to gain from you financially, the only gain we have is helping another become successful, so look at the advise given here through that prism and it will have a whole different meaning for you.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.