Transmission and rears lube.
03-17-2016, (Subject: Transmission and rears lube. ) 
Transmission and rears lube.
Hey folks!
Please give me an advice!
Prostar Cummins 2010 Eaton fuller 10spd Trans and rears.
It's time to change my oils in transmission and differentials, and I wonder which one to pour in.
Most people say shaffers 50w for Trans and 75w for rears are really good. What are your advices guys?
replyreply
RE: Transmission and rears lube.
(03-17-2016 )NewSon Wrote:  Hey folks!
Please give me an advice!
Prostar Cummins 2010 Eaton fuller 10spd Trans and rears.
It's time to change my oils in transmission and differentials, and I wonder which one to pour in.
Most people say shaffers 50w for Trans and 75w for rears are really good. What are your advices guys?

Honestly, I would use what International recommends, and I know that is a synthetic... Just drop the fluid every 200,000 miles and you should be good. That is what I do, and have never had any issues, and that is the bottom line, NO ISSUES. It's not a race car...

Just my .02
replyreply
I agree with Waterloo whatever manufacturer recomends, I use the 50 in transmission which I find might be too thin 75-140 in my rears synthetic but I have 46,000lbs rears & always haul 109,000 & heavier
replyreply
950k miles later, I have always used 75/90 synthetic in rears and replace the oil every 200k miles.

Trans, i put 50 wt synthetic and replace it at 200k intervals too.

OTR trucks, recommendation is 250k miles, LTL or local truck, its as high as 500k miles because of less constant heat buildup.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I saw that FleetPride had a crazy good deal on synthetic gear lube

http://d9hhrg4mnvzow.cloudfront.net/prom...000000.jpg

$99 for there house brand Primatech 75w-90, trouble was it is not eaton approved, and I passed.

Did I do the right thing?
replyreply
03-18-2016, (Subject: Transmission and rears lube. ) 
(03-17-2016 )redbeard Wrote:  I saw that FleetPride had a crazy good deal on synthetic gear lube

http://d9hhrg4mnvzow.cloudfront.net/prom...000000.jpg

$99 for there house brand Primatech 75w-90, trouble was it is not eaton approved, and I passed.

Did I do the right thing?

I would say yes, you did the right thing by passing. That is why I said go with what the manufacture recommends. I am going to go out on a limb here and say this all boils down to the additive package in the gear oil along with viscosity.
replyreply
03-18-2016, (Subject: Transmission and rears lube. ) 
A Fleetpride rep said that Warren Oil Company http://www.warrenoil.com/ manufactures the PrimAtech brand fluids.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.