ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
12-29-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
RE: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
Installed a Pro Ride this afternoon. Easy to do after watching everyone else. Used two floor jacks with 4x4s to support the rear corners of the cab. Installed the top plate first, then loose bolted everything else together (to avoid alignment issue on the strut). Took about 4.5hrs. The shocks were totally shot. The cab had slammed down hard enough to buckle the back wall of the cab and crack the outer skin. Used a porta power to shove everything back as much as possible. Will finish with a little welding. Also replaced the front cab bushings.    ./uploads/201712/post_3119_1514601984_b15c0c33bfe128c0d526c276bbca0ce7.jpg./uploads/201712/post_3119_1514602431_9109d09a4e9b3ea895d310b1d0e58242.jpg

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , barf
12-29-2017, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
WoW!. those bushings were shot!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-14-2018, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
Anybody using ProRide notice a lot of body roll compared to stock option?? I installed mine like a year ago and feel like the body rolls more... then again I can't remember if it rolled with stock. But in comparison with my mid roof Cascadia, the Prostar rocks like a boat.
replyreply
03-14-2018, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
(03-14-2018 )CFR__AND_SONS Wrote:  Anybody using ProRide notice a lot of body roll compared to stock option?? I installed mine like a year ago and feel like the body rolls more... then again I can't remember if it rolled with stock. But in comparison with my mid roof Cascadia, the Prostar rocks like a boat.

Never paid much attention to it myself. I was just sick of the over-priced components from the dealer so I figured I would try it out. So far I am quite happy with the results.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CFR__AND_SONS
06-01-2018, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
I just read that ProRide has a 4 bag system out now. Good for long bunks, sleeper teams, and/or lots of tools.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201806/post_1783_1527826297_5fde93f14a8e23a596229673f6f566f0.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , DosGatos , Sergiu
05-20-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
Has any one used the cab bags on ebay?
Those of you that have installed the pro ride system, how are you liking it?
replyreply
05-20-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
My honest opinion they should've used the Volvo airbags like on the 780/860 sleepers. They are much bigger and would support more weight than those dinky Peterbilt bags..
replyreply
05-21-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
(12-29-2017 )DosGatos Wrote:  Installed a Pro Ride this afternoon. Easy to do after watching everyone else. Used two floor jacks with 4x4s to support the rear corners of the cab. Installed the top plate first, then loose bolted everything else together (to avoid alignment issue on the strut). Took about 4.5hrs. The shocks were totally shot. The cab had slammed down hard enough to buckle the back wall of the cab and crack the outer skin. Used a porta power to shove everything back as much as possible. Will finish with a little welding. Also replaced the front cab bushings.

I shi#t bricks just thinking about hooking up a welder around my truck. Any tips that could help me face that fear :)

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
05-21-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
I'm looking at replacing the bags this weekend. i'm just looking into other options.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.