ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
05-21-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
RE: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags...
(05-21-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  I'm looking at replacing the bags this weekend. i'm just looking into other options.
I put my Proride on my 08 in the driveway almost a year ago. It was easy to install by myself and didn't take long. The ride, my truck did have a pretty good ride before. The cab bushing have been changed as well as the rear motor mounts. The front springs have been replaced with new heavier springs and bushings from a place in Pa. I also replaced the four inch blocks in the front for inch and half lowering the front. Plus it's stretched to 296 center of drives. I run good made tires and centramatics truck and trailer. So with the Proride it's hands down the best riding truck I have ever been in and I have been doing this for over 30. To me it's a no brainer, two bags and one shock on each side. Plus mines heavy, tools, roof mount ac, all kinds of extras and two big dawgs most of the time.
replyreply
bags are original with 1.1 million them. I should say that I put over 800k miles almost 900 on the truck since i bought it. I have never replaced them. I have replaced all the cab bushings and all motor mounts. I think it is time to replace, and I'm really thinking about the Pro Ride system. Hopefully, Dr. Grumbles will chime in on what he thinks about the system.
replyreply
(05-21-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  bags are original with 1.1 million them. I should say that I put over 800k miles almost 900 on the truck since i bought it. I have never replaced them. I have replaced all the cab bushings and all motor mounts. I think it is time to replace, and I'm really thinking about the Pro Ride system. Hopefully, Dr. Grumbles will chime in on what he thinks about the system.
I know that I love mine. I do a lot of short stuff and sometimes the other half will ride along. She went with me after I put it on and she said it was a day and night difference from before. She said she could really feel the truck moving all around before but after she said she could hardly feel it moving. With those miles you're front springs are shot. Mine were only like 5200lbs per side factory so they don't last. The place that made my replacements knocked it out of the park. World of difference in the ride and the handling. But the Proride, if you have to replace just one of the factory junk ones you would have wished you had done the Proride. The factory ones are not cheap.
replyreply
Step 1. Order pro ride. Step 2 fill old bags with great shi#t spray foam to stop the thing from leaking and go back to work. Step 3 take a day off and install ur new pro ride. Yes its redneck. Yes its rough. Yes it works until i can get ur new setup installed
replyreply
05-22-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
I order the system this morning.
replyreply
(05-22-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  I order the system this morning.
Did you get it from the guys at Custom day cab? That's where I got mine. It's really pretty easy to install even though I have a headache rack in the way.I used two small jacks, one on each side. I did use a air gun to get the old ones off. Like I said before I did it by myself.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
same one, They said with the holiday I might not get it until Wednesday.
replyreply
05-23-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
I'm going to do the install in my driveway. Anyone who has done this install have any pointers or suggestions?
replyreply
05-23-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Cab Airbags... ) 
(05-23-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  I'm going to do the install in my driveway. Anyone who has done this install have any pointers or suggestions?
I used a small jack on each side and a air gun. I removed both of the old ones first to get some room. Then I installed the center piece first because of my headache rack. Then I installed the bags and shock set up. The passenger side bolts on mine are behind the can so tough to get to. Everything I needed was in the kit for the air lines. It's a nice set up, Rawze had a video of I believe his install. I watched it so I had a good idea about it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.