Need info please
09-19-2017, (Subject: Need info please ) 
Need info please
I brought a 09 Pete 387 with 871, I had it for a month right before Irma hit Florida, I took a load down to TX to help the hurricane victims there, My truck started to do a hiccup during acceleration. I came back home and did everything Rawze video EGR tuneup, after doing everything. The storm hit me and my family hard. We have no power and my house took a slight hit. I also had my 53ft trailer blow over on someone else property and had to pay 4500.00 to have it remove so we been park in inside the driveway living in the truck so today i decide that we should find a load I moved the truck and the truck is doing the same thing, so i decide to pull the DPF filter and diesel oxidation catalyst and take up to peterbilt to get clean for 300.00 not knowing it was a gamble if clean or not you out 300.00. Just my luck that cleaning failed. Now I have to get a new one for 2300.00 which we really dont have. If the truck get de-mandate do you still need use the DPF filter & diesel oxidation catalyst???? I have been with out power for 8 days now. Any insite will great appreciated....

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)
./uploads/201709/post_2347_1505857985_45c4e403d96f66af54c6c68fab992245.jpg

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
RE: Need info please
Sorry to hear about your home bud,
Did they try to bake it?
Usally when there baked they will clean up
For as the "mandate" removal no you would not need them
Ive heard of people punching 4-5 inch hole threw them
to keep the appearance and allow the engine to breath
Where are you located?
Or if you could get to my town Ill help you anyway I can.. free of charge
replyreply
(09-19-2017 )RollinCoal Wrote:  Sorry to hear about your home bud,
Did they try to bake it?
Usally when there baked they will clean up
For as the "mandate" removal no you would not need them
Ive heard of people punching 4-5 inch hole threw them
to keep the appearance and allow the engine to breath
Where are you located?
Or if you could get to my town Ill help you anyway I can.. free of charge
I am located in southwest Florida and i still have to get the filter back they call me and told me they failed and nothing they can do with them

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
In up here in jackson MS
I can tell you, there is 1 thing I have seen work but....
It will NOT last long
Our GM had us washing a few of them out with magic bubbles shower scrub and a water hose.. (yes i know, some dumb s**t lol)
they lasted about 2 months at best before they cracked..
But maybe its an option to get you running for a bit until you can get a delete or replacement
But that much soot you def have a problem be it the egr system or overfueling
Make sure to check those egr pressure sensor ports
If you need a laptop your welcome to mine if you get up this way I have Insite if you can find a "good" file for your truck
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
http://www.dieselfilters.com/

After market dpf filter. Cheaper.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(09-19-2017 )RollinCoal Wrote:  In up here in jackson MS
It will NOT last long
Our GM had us washing a few of them out with magic bubbles shower scrub and a water hose.. (yes i know, some dumb s**t lol)
But maybe its an option to get you running for a bit until you can get a delete or replacement
If you need a laptop your welcome to mine if you get up this way I have Insite if you can find a "good" file for your truck
I have insite and the other program

replyreply
(09-19-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  
(09-19-2017 )RollinCoal Wrote:  In up here in jackson MS
It will NOT last long
I have insite and the other program
Cool,
If you need any help shoot me a pm
replyreply
(09-19-2017 )rgreen Wrote:  I brought a 09 Pete 387 with 871, I had it for a month right before Irma hit Florida, I took a load down to TX to help the hurricane victims there, My truck started to do a hiccup during acceleration. I came back home and did everything Rawze video EGR tuneup, after doing everything. The storm hit me and my family hard. We have no power and my house took a slight hit. I also had my 53ft trailer blow over on someone else property and had to pay 4500.00 to have it remove so we been park in inside the driveway living in the truck so today i decide that we should find a load I moved the truck and the truck is doing the same thing, so i decide to pull the DPF filter and diesel oxidation catalyst and take up to peterbilt to get clean for 300.00 not knowing it was a gamble if clean or not you out 300.00. Just my luck that cleaning failed. Now I have to get a new one for 2300.00 which we really dont have. If the truck get de-mandate do you still need use the DPF filter & diesel oxidation catalyst???? I have been with out power for 8 days now. Any insite will great appreciated....
Let me suggest in regards to hiccup. Check your egr valve, for proper movement. And check your turbo impeller blades, to see if any are broken, or to much play.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen
Holy soot! I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I'll tell you a bit of my story. Bought truck in June, next day had CEL come on, cost me $1400 in a sensor. Day after that got fixed light came on. Pulled into a different dealership and they wanted $6k, said I had a bad DOC and I didn't even have it plated yet! I wanted to keep the emissions intact so bad, but like you money was tight, especially with 2 kids under 5 and one on the way. Luckily I got a credit card(hate them) offer with zero percent for a year. I got a hold of Unilever on this site and for around $2500 I got set up with Cummins insite, a laptop, a tune, pyrometer and turbo boost gauge, and new v bands and gaskets(my dpf and scr cans still look stock but I hollowed them out myself). Before Unilever's I had about 8 codes pop up in about 1500 miles since he did his work I've put on about 5000 miles and haven't had a CEL come on yet. If I was in your position it'd cost a bit more but I'd me making a trip to Atlanta to see Mr Hagg. I really wish I had him close cause I'd drive 500 miles to have him check truck out, unfortunately being in Nebraska we're a bit to far for me to do that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Old Driver , rgreen

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.