Lights stay on
09-21-2017, (Subject: Lights stay on ) 
Lights stay on
I am having an issue on my 2010 Prostar. When I turn my lights off they are staying on except the headlights. They are just slightly dimmer. Even when I turn the truck of lights are on. Lights on mirrors, id lights lights next to signal lights. I'm thinking there's a short somewhere. Any insight appreciated. Insite fault viewer shows 23: instrument cluster #1 also 167: instrument cluster #2 faults
replyreply
RE: Lights stay on
(09-21-2017 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  I am having an issue on my 2010 Prostar. When I turn my lights off they are staying on except the headlights. They are just slightly dimmer. Even when I turn the truck of lights are on. Lights on mirrors, id lights lights next to signal lights. I'm thinking there's a short somewhere. Any insight appreciated. Insite fault viewer shows 23: instrument cluster #1 also 167: instrument cluster #2 faults

Not far ago someone posted link to Prostar electrical circuit documents. I would start from here and check LCM signals.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
(09-21-2017 )PuroCumminsPower Wrote:  I am having an issue on my 2010 Prostar. When I turn my lights off they are staying on except the headlights. They are just slightly dimmer. Even when I turn the truck of lights are on. Lights on mirrors, id lights lights next to signal lights. I'm thinking there's a short somewhere. Any insight appreciated. Insite fault viewer shows 23: instrument cluster #1 also 167: instrument cluster #2 faults
When my prostar had a similar problem, I when around the whole truck changing the grounds and power cable and upgrading the cable, and also put Dielectric Grease every where.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower

When my 08 did that, the light switch had went bad. A friend on mine had an 09 that did that but on his, the instrument cluster had went south.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen , PuroCumminsPower
An old 1990 International 8300 truck I was driving had the light switch go bad. It shut the whole truck off, no power anywhere. I discovered this when I went to start the truck after a construction delay. Turn the key on and everything went quiet. Out of desperation I started pushing/pulling/twisting everything I could reach and when I played with the light switch everything came back on. If I remember right it was actually the plug on the back of the switch.

I don't know where the fuse panel is on a ProStar but on my old Pete is was down by the clutch. The windshield had leaked and the water ran into the fuse panel and filled up some relays causing the lights on the truck to glow.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rgreen , PuroCumminsPower , Waterloo
09-22-2017, (Subject: Lights stay on ) 
Here is the link to all of the Navistar Bodybuilder guides, I would start there. http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/Home.Htm

If you need her fixed fast, I would run the truck by the dealer and have them run DiamondLogic on it and see if that can pinpoint the exact issue. They should be able to pinpoint it for you, that will be your fastest route to fixing this issue rather than throwing parts at your truck. The canbus system on these trucks is a real nightmare, even with the schematics.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , big_roy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.