871 oil pan
09-24-2017, (Subject: 871 oil pan ) 
RE: 871 oil pan
(09-24-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  I priced a oem pan vs aftermarket. the aftermarket one is 500 the oem one was over 1000 through a peterbilt dealer I'm going to give the other vins for the 2250 Monday see if the part numbers match for the pans

My 871 oil pan was rotted out, I found a used OEM for $500 at a junk yard up here in Michigan. It honestly looked like new with no fitment issues. My dealer wanted $1200 for a new one.
replyreply
You can always go up to a better filter. The Donaldson Blue series are good, if you've got a bypass oil filter on your truck you can buy the Donaldson Blue full flow filter for the isx. The stock fleetguards have both full flow and bypass filtration in the one filter, the Donaldson full flow doesn't have a bypass filter media in it.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
And the real answer it yes, you will be able to extend your drain intervals. More oil will take longer to get dirty, I don't change my oil in my prostar at a given time or mileage. I change it when it starts to get dirty, if it's golden brown and I can see through it perfectly, I leave it. When I can start to see contamination in it and it gets a bit darker...... I change it.

With more oil, it will take longer to get to that point. But I don't know if you would save any money seeing as your putting more oil in per change.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hetdiesel
(09-24-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(09-24-2017 )Hetdiesel Wrote:  I priced a oem pan vs aftermarket. the aftermarket one is 500 the oem one was over 1000 through a peterbilt dealer I'm going to give the other vins for the 2250 Monday see if the part numbers match for the pans

My 871 oil pan was rotted out, I found a used OEM for $500 at a junk yard up here in Michigan. It honestly looked like new with no fitment issues. My dealer wanted $1200 for a new one.
Was the used one from a 871 also or different model?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.