Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler
09-27-2017, (Subject: Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler ) 
RE: Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler
So there is a pump in the transmission...meaning the pump that comes with the kit is an external auxillary pump then. Any idea why there would be two needed?

The filter housing, k-3441, appears to have an inlet and outlet where it mounts to the trans case on it's mounting flange. That's expected for filtered oil. It also has what looks like an inlet and an outlet on it's sides. If that is a feed and return for the oil circulating from the case, then would the auxillary pump not be needed? Just put JIC fittings on it and run them up to the cooler or am I missing something here?

I've also seen another filter housing that looks like it was intended as an add-on for heat exchanger equipped transmissions. It mounts where the aforementioned auxillary pump would go. I don't have a part number on it, I'll see if I can find a picture.

If I can run a heavy duty cooler without having to use the auxillary pump and add a filter at the same time for half the cost of the Eaton cooler kit, that's a big win.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrading trans heat exchanger to an oil cooler - dhirocz - 09-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.