ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
06-17-2021, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
RE: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
(06-17-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  Make sure you have air coming from the supply line into the leveling valve on the cab. If you have air coming in you should have air coming out when the leveling valve is in the down position.

Do you have air to the seats? I ask cause the seat air shares a port with the cab air bags and if the secondary cutoff port check valve has rusted shut from moisture then you will need a new aid dryer assembly.

Yes, there is air to the seats. I went ahead and bought a height control air valve at fleet pride. I'll replace this and the air dryer filter and 3/8" from air tanks to air dryer.

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
Rookie mistake. I was tightening up the nut on the bolt that hangs down from the cab, and the bolt was knocked loose. There is no way to access the head from the cab to continue tightening the nut down. Do I need to get the bolt welded back on to the frame?

replyreply
(06-17-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I would look at your cab leveling valve. If it's broken internally then it will not send air to bags.

Also make sure if you replace the leveler that you install it correctly so that it inflates at the right angle. Most leveling valves are pretty universal as to fit many different applications and mounting styles. It's not hard to wrongfully mount one to fill when it's to dump or vise versa.

It was the air leveler valve.

Cheers!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
06-18-2021, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
Good to see you figured it out. They have an internal shaft that is often plastic or metal that either shears off or breaks its plastic weld to the barrel that allows air to the bags. Not all and actually very few fail with an audible air leak. Many, including your main suspension valves, will simply wear out over time and get stuck in a lower position.

Now that you know this. You may want to check your main suspension leveling valve for the same type of problem. Replace it if it's just as old as your cab valve.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude
(06-17-2021 )Paccardude Wrote:  Rookie mistake. I was tightening up the nut on the bolt that hangs down from the cab, and the bolt was knocked loose. There is no way to access the head from the cab to continue tightening the nut down. Do I need to get the bolt welded back on to the frame?

- pull the flooring inside the cab up above where the bolt is... drill a large enough hole for a socket, get to the top of the bolt... replace the hole with a plastic or rubber plug after and some sealant when done?

(just some thoughts on what I would likely have done).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Paccardude , Toolguy
Well damn, why didn't I think of that when I was trying to access the cab shocks on 2010 kw t660. I have a 4" hole saw bit, a 4.5" hole saw bit and an old speed limit sign siting around. Yup, those old road signs still come in handy for patching rusted floor boards and now 4" access holes I may create. Thanks Rawze.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
(06-18-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Well damn, why didn't I think of that when I was trying to access the cab shocks on 2010 kw t660. I have a 4" hole saw bit, a 4.5" hole saw bit and an old speed limit sign siting around. Yup, those old road signs still come in handy for patching rusted floor boards and now 4" access holes I may create. Thanks Rawze.

I am stubborn that way... First time I had to pull my shifter-plate to get to an air-fitting on the top of my tranny... I cut the whole plate into 2 halves and made it where it slides out instead of having to fight with the shifting boot, knob, etc.etc... and made it easy-access. I also cut the rubber matting like puzzle pieces (with a razor) that inter-locked so that I did not have to pull the damned seats out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(12-14-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Just out of sheer curiosity, the newer Prostars have the stabilizer bar and separate bags and shocks. Wondering if the OEM hardware is bolt on like the Proride is considering they don't seem to have weaknesses that the Proride seems to have?
I have the four bag on my 08 Prostar and I love it. I definitely would not choose some junk international system over it. My tractor is 22,000 lbs so it is heavy. I have a roof mount AC, huge RV inverter under the bed, tool box I can barely wrestle into the truck. Then you have all my little flatbed accessories and extra oil and antifreeze and filters in the side boxes. Chains and binders and those things are on the headache rack. Plus 220 lbs of Dawgs and all of life's necessary things. Not trying to be a Proride sales rep but I know mine has been definitely tested.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(06-17-2021 )Paccardude Wrote:  
(06-17-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I would look at your cab leveling valve. If it's broken internally then it will not send air to bags.

Also make sure if you replace the leveler that you install it correctly so that it inflates at the right angle. Most leveling valves are pretty universal as to fit many different applications and mounting styles. It's not hard to wrongfully mount one to fill when it's to dump or vise versa.

It was the air leveler valve.

Cheers!

Hey Chamber,

I replaced the height level valve and still no air accessing bags from supply line. I took the bracket off going ton the fill/empty knob or dial and once I got that off i turned the knob and the bags filled with Air. I used the long connector and it sits at a 90 degree angle. Do I need to replace with the short arm connection? The dial isn't spinning.            

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.