ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
12-13-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
RE: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
(02-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Other than that, I haven't heard anything bad from it so far.

I installed mine Sept 2017, just over 3 years ago. It just broke on me this last trip.

I don't live near a dealer, and can't wait for shipping, so I'm going to throw a couple big bolts in it and hope it holds. Maybe it's time for me to look at that new 4 bagger this summer.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
12-13-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
(12-13-2020 )barf Wrote:  
(02-10-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Other than that, I haven't heard anything bad from it so far.

I installed mine Sept 2017, just over 3 years ago. It just broke on me this last trip.

I don't live near a dealer, and can't wait for shipping, so I'm going to throw a couple big bolts in it and hope it holds. Maybe it's time for me to look at that new 4 bagger this summer.

yeah ... I have had to correseal and por-15 mine in a few spots. Seems the winter road salts and weather likes to sneak in under their paint job in a few places.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
12-14-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
Just out of sheer curiosity, the newer Prostars have the stabilizer bar and separate bags and shocks. Wondering if the OEM hardware is bolt on like the Proride is considering they don't seem to have weaknesses that the Proride seems to have?
replyreply
12-19-2020, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
(12-14-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Just out of sheer curiosity, the newer Prostars have the stabilizer bar and separate bags and shocks. Wondering if the OEM hardware is bolt on like the Proride is considering they don't seem to have weaknesses that the Proride seems to have?
Took a look at the cab suspension on a new LT today. Got the vin and went inside to price parts. Now keep in mind i pay cost +6. Air bags 160, leveling valve $400! Only a cpl of the brackets had a part # and the torque bar wasnt available anywhere. It does look like a solid setup and looks like it would bolt up with little modification but im thinking you will need a donor truck to scavenge parts from.
replyreply
06-17-2021, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
Hi all,

I ordered my pro-ride xt sleeper suspension. I removed the original airbags. They were filled with air but now there is no air coming out of the 1/4" air lines running into the bags. I've checked for leaks with some dawn dish soap and water. There is only a small leak out of the air dryer assembly, it's where there is a hole that you can put your finger into.
This had already been happening with the old air bags.
I tried the air compressor, no leaks. I noticed there's only one governor running out the back of the compressor and the side one is blocked off.
I'm not sure where I to start. I got a new air dryer filter. I haven't installed it yet. I was wondering if I should remove the old filter first and WD40 the air lines?
Please advise

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
I would look at your cab leveling valve. If it's broken internally then it will not send air to bags.

Also make sure if you replace the leveler that you install it correctly so that it inflates at the right angle. Most leveling valves are pretty universal as to fit many different applications and mounting styles. It's not hard to wrongfully mount one to fill when it's to dump or vise versa.
replyreply
(06-17-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I would look at your cab leveling valve. If it's broken internally then it will not send air to bags.

I sprayed for leaks, nothing. Is there another way to trouble shoot?

replyreply
There was at least a litre of rusty/brown/white moisture goo when i first drained the air tanks after getting the truck over a year ago. Ever since then I've been draining the tanks every week and no moisture build up has occured. I'm just contemplating on all the things I should go ahead and replace.

replyreply
Make sure you have air coming from the supply line into the leveling valve on the cab. If you have air coming in you should have air coming out when the leveling valve is in the down position.

Do you have air to the seats? I ask cause the seat air shares a port with the cab air bags and if the secondary cutoff port check valve has rusted shut from moisture then you will need a new aid dryer assembly.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.