Help with a 2250
09-27-2017, (Subject: Help with a 2250 ) 
Help with a 2250
I've got a coworker who has a 2250, were talking and he mentions his truck runs great except every now and then he gets a fuel rail pressure code. Let off and it goes away.

He said 4 months ago, both his fuel pump plungers broke and left him stranded, the mechanic told him the only thing that saved him from total destruction was that both of them broke at the same time and stalled out the motor.

He doesn't seem all too worried but I've read all the posts on here, including a recent one where Rawze stated fuel pump plungers blow, fuel rail codes, motor go boom!

Seems he's gone longer then he should have if it were gonna be a big issue, is there anything that could be suggested to him to do at this point to deal with that issue or is he sitting on a ticking timebomb now?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: Help with a 2250
Were his plungers steel or ceramic? Did he replace tappets too?
I would pull pump head , take springs off the barrels ,put 40psi air into head inlet. Then check if plungers going back then you press them. They should go back by themself easy if not check valves in the head not working and need to replace head.
I would also run run with insite fuel pump rail leak test, to see how much pressure builds and do leak test. It should build about 29000psi. On my truck it drops only 20-40psi in 1 minute. How to do test is one of Rawze's videos:
https://youtu.be/eH9GRkeozTM

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
RE: Help with a 2250
They were ceramic he said

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.